Onyx battery disappointment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donp

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Typhon 6s
Anyone using onyx batteries in the Nero? I have 2 6000mah 2s and 2 5000mah 3s I use. I noticed both 2s and 1 3s are starting to puff already. I don't run them to the cutoff, they still charge and run the truck well. I even bought a new charger when I purchased them, the venom pro duo 80 watt to charge 2 at a time.

Anyone using onyx batteries in the Nero? I have 2 6000mah 2s and 2 5000mah 3s I use. I noticed both 2s and 1 3s are starting to puff already. I don't run them to the cutoff, they still charge and run the truck well. I even bought a new charger when I purchased them, the venom pro duo 80 watt to charge 2 at a time.
the higher the c rating, the less likely they are to puff

I would suggest not holding full throttle for more then a few seconds. If I hold full throttle for more then 3 seconds on 6s I am starting to cringe unless its on pavement LOL. Same thing applies if your in grass giving half throttle, (but not getting half throttle worth of response) === too much load

Putting too much load on the batteries, they should only come out warm, not warm/hot enough to puff IMO. The Nero platform is a beast and is heavy, which results in lots of traction vs spinning. If your puffing the batteries now, then a few months of that type of use will reduce the overall cycles you can get from the pack.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back