Oooooops!!! 💥🔥😂

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
“Honey I hear something at the front of the garage…”
“Is it Frank?” (a huge desert lizard that lives in the garage).
“Umm…no. It’s your battery.”
“Oh…” (run like hell disconnect and toss in the side yard).

34967FDC-D84E-4F82-ABDD-C367636D4560.jpeg

‘What are you going to do?”
“What else? Throw a big brick at it.”
😊😂

F9F9FD8B-E1B7-4BC2-8CA0-299BB2C3538F.jpeg

4E7B67CB-278B-4D11-97D1-60498390F37A.jpeg

1444D7D3-F79D-4A45-9730-AEB22A05B310.jpeg

Yahoo!!! I believe I have one of those exact batteries arriving Tuesday. I hope I get the non-expanding model!
Glad you were on site and on your toes! Good job with the save!!!(y)
😂 that’s funny man. This battery was over a year and a half old and the most abused one that I had. It had been overheated many numerous times and was on its way out anyway. It was an extremely good battery to take what it’s been through.

My charging station is at the very front of my garage, away from all else and comprised of a large metal tool chest. It’s designed for these mishaps

4D18CF62-8D3F-4959-88B6-0472D4DC7179.jpeg

Ouch, what did you do?

Last edited:
😂 that’s funny man. This battery was over a year and a half old and the most abused one that I had. It had been overheated many numerous times and was on its way out anyway. It was an extremely good battery to take what it’s been through.

My charging station is at the very front of my garage, away from all else and comprised of a large metal tool chest. It’s designed for these mishaps

View attachment 227244
I would like to see frank

“Honey I hear something at the front of the garage…”
“Is it Frank?” (a huge desert lizard that lives in the garage).
“Umm…no. It’s your battery.”
“Oh…” (run like hell disconnect and toss in the side yard).

View attachment 227236
‘What are you going to do?”
“What else? Throw a big brick at it.”
😊😂

View attachment 227237

View attachment 227238

View attachment 227239
Wicked! The best part is it was caught and no one and nothing was hurt. 😎🤘🏻

Was the battery on the charger ??
I'd hope not.... that'd be abuse....
Right!? Not cool! Haha

View attachment 227244
wicked station.
X2 … I would also like to see frank.

Ok lemme look…huh ugh 🤔 dang it…

Ok my wife found him (of course). He is huge compared to the other desert lizards in this area (north San Antonio). They’re normally around 4 inches long and he’s over 8”. We keep the garage cracked for ventilation and see him all the time so have kind of adopted him. We don’t use poisons around the house so he’s our bug control in the garage 😊

A1D0AFC6-5A32-4AE0-980B-4CD354509B13.jpeg

Ok lemme look…huh ugh 🤔 dang it…

Ok my wife found him (of course). He is huge compared to the other desert lizards in this area (north San Antonio). They’re normally around 4 inches long and he’s over 8”. We keep the garage cracked for ventilation and see him all the time so have kind of adopted him. We don’t use poisons around the house so he’s our bug control in the garage 😊

View attachment 227266
Awesome lol 😎🦎

This battery was over a year and a half old and the most abused one that I had. It had been overheated many numerous times and was on its way out anyway. It was an extremely good battery to take what it’s been through.
Great!!! (except for the unplanned exit) Thanks for sharing that!!! I look forward to my first 3s arriving, again! Frank looks pretty cool!

Yeah the battery was in the charger. I simply pulled it from the charger by the wires, quickly walked to the side yard and flung it. Thing was hissing at me like an angry snake the whole way. It didn’t explode upon landing so that’s why I threw the large brick on it. Wish I’d filmed the initial fire ball cause it was nice.
Was it charging when that happened or just sitting on storage charge ?
It was charging.
Bottom line is to have a safe place to charge, be nearby when you are charging/storing, expect something like this to happen someday, be prepared for it to happen and DON’T PANIC WHEN IT DOES HAPPEN!

Last edited:
You didn't call the bomb squad? :ROFLMAO: I've got a battery that needs exploding and I have a brick with it's name on it. (y)
Naw it was more like
“Hey honey, watch this…”
FAAAFOOOOOFPH!!!
The fireball was a good 4’ around and surprised me quite a bit.

At least you didn’t throw an alcoholic beverage at it
That would be a waste. Drink it instead, sit back and enjoy the fireworks. Expensive fireworks at that.:LOL:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back