Kraton Open front diff cover to investigate missing screw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darvid

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
So I noticed I was missing a screw from the front diff cover
When I tried putting one to replace it won’t go it. I’m assuming I might have broken away

to investigate I’m trying to open the front diff I removed all the screw that I know off from the front cover but it won’t budged
Anyone know what I’m missing ?

85971997-3722-44B9-8FA3-E84AB817B63C.jpeg

3DC27E9F-23FE-46B6-9C73-8E2B3937C5DB.jpeg

or save the money spent on thread lock and just buy a new bulkhead......
Shoot I have 20 of them 🤣🤘🏻 But for a guy stranded without one, a zip tie will get you back in business until a part comes.

So I noticed I was missing a screw from the front diff cover
When I tried putting one to replace it won’t go it. I’m assuming I might have broken away

to investigate I’m trying to open the front diff I removed all the screw that I know off from the front cover but it won’t budged
Anyone know what I’m missing ?

View attachment 160153

View attachment 160154
Use Channel Locks and grab it from both sides and pull up and back. Sometimes they're just tight in the case. If you have a small flathead precision screwdriver, try prying it away from the tower at the top first. As for the screw not going in, check to see how well the hole is aligned and then try setting that one in first. These are not ultra precision made parts, and sometimes a little finesse is needed to get things apart or back together.
Use Channel Locks and grab it from both sides and pull up and back. Sometimes they're just tight in the case. If you have a small flathead precision screwdriver, try prying it away from the tower at the top first. As for the screw not going in, check to see how well the hole is aligned and then try setting that one in first. These are not ultra precision made parts, and sometimes a little finesse is needed to get things apart or back together.
Dammit. Should have read all the posts. All the answers were already there. Why does the person's question appear on page two as if it was a new post?

Dammit. Should have read all the posts. All the answers were already there. Why does the person's question appear on page two as if it was a new post?
So people like me with minds of goldfish can remember what the original question was. And it only does it when they post in the "question" format.

You can also try a longer screw. If you get past the damaged section, there might be enough left to get a bite.

Back