Open or Quarantine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arrmadillo

Too Fast Too Tough For Roadkill
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Outcast 4s
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
Look where this thing comes from!
Straight off the boat in original packaging!
I know these things are made overseas but come on with all that's going on, China!
Didn't want to bring it inside the house or even touch it!!!

Attachments

• 20200318_162158.jpg
    20200318_162158.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 20200318_162403.jpg
    20200318_162403.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 41
I know these things are made overseas but come on with all that's going on, China!
You’ll be fine. The virus doesn’t last that long on cardboard. Unless the delivery guy coughed or sneezed directly on the box before handoff, you’re very unlikely to get sick.

You’ll be fine. The virus doesn’t last that long on cardboard. Unless the delivery guy coughed or sneezed directly on the box before handoff, you’re very unlikely to get sick.
Hope you're right, was going to store it in the shed in back yard, no telling how long that box has been sitting in a container somewhere brewing virus!

Hope you're right, was going to store it in the shed in back yard, no telling how long that box has been sitting in a container somewhere brewing virus!
Haha that’s not how a virus works. It needs a host to grow and flourish. Bacteria can grow like that tho.

This particular strain can live and be viable on hard surfaces for up to 72 hours .Thats still about one day longer than common cold or influenza strains , And I doubt it got to your door from China in less than 3 days.
If you are still feeling cautious, wipe down all the outside packing before you open it. Spray the model down with a shot of Lysol before you handle it and don’t put parts of your new RC in your mouth no matter how tempting it may be.
If you are still worried, you can always ship it to North Dakota for quarantining. I’ll keep it safe for you :)

Where did you order it from? Most of the online LHS's keep them in the OG china box because they don't want the pretty colorful box to get ruined. Most of them are stored in a warehouse with the OG china box.

I have product for work that regularly comes from Italy.

I track it through the freight carrier, and it is typically an eight day transit.

Like @jondilly1974 said, I'd be more worried about the person handling the good for the last six hours than anything else.

If your concerned, leave it in the garage with no one to touch it for six hours. It has a hard time surviving on cardboard- what they say anyway.

Good luck, be safe, and bash on. ?

I’m trying to remember the info I heard but the host was that it has a very fragile lipid layer and things like cardboard break it open and the air kills it. I’m not a scientist so take that for what it’s worth. I would be more worried about the car inside and that’s been untouched for at least a week, if not months.

I sprayed my sons dumborc setup with Lysol when it came in mail a week or two ago. Let it sit for a bit and wiped it down with a paper towel. Then washed my hands... I’m not dead yet ha

Open that poop up. Let’s see!! Post pix.
Where did you get it from? Lhs?

Buy some toilet paper, that'll fix it!

That box is safer than anything else you've touched today. Science is on your side, nothing to worry about, everything else is superstition.

Open that poop up. Let’s see!! Post pix.
Where did you get it from? Lhs?
Posted where I got it from twice in the anyone interested in the redcat Kaiju thread. $360. to the door. Owner will cut a deal for anyone on this forum, we discussed this.
Where did you order it from? Most of the online LHS's keep them in the OG china box because they don't want the pretty colorful box to get ruined. Most of them are stored in a warehouse with the OG china box.
It was shipped from redcat in arizona to my shop in Pennsylvania then shipped to me in NOLA.
I have product for work that regularly comes from Italy.

I track it through the freight carrier, and it is typically an eight day transit.

Like @jondilly1974 said, I'd be more worried about the person handling the good for the last six hours than anything else.

If your concerned, leave it in the garage with no one to touch it for six hours. It has a hard time surviving on cardboard- what they say anyway.

Good luck, be safe, and bash on. ?
That's where it is in garage lol!
I would be more worried about the car inside and that’s been untouched for at least a week, if not months.
Wow, That makes me fell better Dr. John! ?

Attachments

• 20200318_191703.jpg
    20200318_191703.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back