Opening a "Can of Worms" and general chaos...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickDawg

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 8s
  3. Typhon Mega
What is the "best" bang for the buck, in your opinion on an upgrade for motor and esc combo on Kraton 6s V5?

I have not upgraded anything yet on this one, but, I plan on doing so after breaking something (I'm really good at breaking stuff unintentionally).
So, I probably don't need anything super expensive at this point, although, I don't have a problem spending money when I need/want to.

I'm sure there is a plethora of opinions and I'm hoping for a decent answer...lol🤣🤣

The "decent answer" will always be what your wallet allows.:giggle:
1650-1750KV motors seem to be the sweet spot for this chassis. Running 6s. With the right gearing, this is more than enough power for the 6s Kraton.
Also, running an 8s ESC (HW or CC) while using 6s, will afford more amp overhead while running 6s lipos. More efficient. Food for thought.

Last edited:
My vote. Mmx8s and 1650kv. Super fun and runs a whole pack even 9500mah and doesn't get warm enough for a fan depending on what you gear at.
My vote too. My Kraton with this system with an 18T pinion on 6s is a beast. And in low eighty degree weather it never gets hot enough to need a fan, even after 20 minutes of full-throttle runs.

I have both a Max 6 1650kv combo and a Castle MMX8S 1717 1650kv combo. Both are amazing. In the summer I run a 16 or 17 tooth pinion, especially when running in the sand. In the winter I can bump it up to a 22 tooth and blast through the snow. Did I mention that a set of paddle tires is a must for anyone who owns a Kraton?
20220603_114846-01.jpeg
20220220_151757-01.jpeg

I have both a Max 6 1650kv combo and a Castle MMX8S 1717 1650kv combo. Both are amazing. In the summer I run a 16 or 17 tooth pinion, especially when running in the sand. In the winter I can bump it up to a 22 tooth and blast through the snow. Did I mention that a set of paddle tires is a must for anyone who owns a Kraton? View attachment 235431View attachment 235432
Looks badass, what tires are those?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back