Opening ISDT P20 Charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
Has anyone tried to open a ISDT P20 charger?
I can't see any screws, so I don't know where to start.....

I like the charger, but I think it's quite noizy due to the cooling fan.
I want to try to replace the fan with a quieter one.

I did find this one youtube clip but that charger is a bit different and doesn't have the 'touch' buttons in the bottom of the screen:

So probably going to heat it up to see if the screen can be removed. :)

I did that on my isdt q6. You will have to be more careful with the screen though if it's touch screen. Personally, I'd leave it until the fan dies... it's a small fan that runs at a high rpm for air flow. Unless you can figure out a way to shoehorn a larger fan in there (there's very little room), it will be tough to get a quieter fan that has similar cfm.

I did that on my isdt q6. You will have to be more careful with the screen though if it's touch screen. Personally, I'd leave it until the fan dies... it's a small fan that runs at a high rpm for air flow. Unless you can figure out a way to shoehorn a larger fan in there (there's very little room), it will be tough to get a quieter fan that has similar cfm.
Thanks for your input! 😀
The screen isn't touch after al, don't know why i thought that ( probably mixed up some reviews )

I would like to know the exact fan size, to explore my options.
Since I have two P20's, I'm still considdering to open one.
Gonna sleep a couple of nights about it though.....

Thanks for your input! 😀
The screen isn't touch after al, don't know why i thought that ( probably mixed up some reviews )

I would like to know the exact fan size, to explore my options.
Since I have two P20's, I'm still considdering to open one.
Gonna sleep a couple of nights about it though.....
Thought I took a photo of the fan in mine for reference, but I didn't.

Has anyone tried to open a ISDT P20 charger?
I can't see any screws, so I don't know where to start.....

I like the charger, but I think it's quite noizy due to the cooling fan.
I want to try to replace the fan with a quieter one.

I did find this one youtube clip but that charger is a bit different and doesn't have the 'touch' buttons in the bottom of the screen:

So probably going to heat it up to see if the screen can be removed. :)
I just opened my P20 to replace the LCD display after dropping the unit on the basement floor and shattering the LCD screen. I bought a replacement LCD screen from AliExpress via this link:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256803141243779.html?gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt

It took about 2 weeks for it to arrive from China.

To open the unit, I gently and evenly heated the top panel with a temp-controlled heat gun set to around 300 deg. f. output for a minute or so. Then using a suction cup like those used to open smartphones, I gently peeled the top panel off. The screen has a simple ribbon cable and connector - there is a little latch to unlock the connector and lock it in place after reattaching. Next, I peeled off the LCD screen shipping protector and reinstalled the top cover. The adhesive restuck nicely. A quick ops check and my P20 was back in business. I ran a system self-test through the advanced setting, and it checked all systems go. While I had the cover off - I noticed 4 small screws in each corner that allow you into the unit for deeper maintenance. I hope this helps!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back