Senton Operation: CLEAN DIAPERS (Senton Fenders)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Senturion

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I have been looking for a way to keep debris out of the chassis of my son's Senton MEGA and my 6s project. Decided to just go with integrating fenders into the existing shell.

I spent a good part of the day custom designing, getting the fitment right and creating a template for the rear fenders

20200513_125600.jpg

20200513_133637.jpg

20200513_125610.jpg

Once the template was complete, I cut the fender out of plastic school folders (tough, tear resistant and flexible) and then added overlapping layers of gorilla tape to make it bomb proof. Finally, used the gorilla tape to install it into the body.

20200513_222924.jpg

20200513_223100.jpg

20200513_223003.jpg

20200513_223041.jpg

Next step is the front fender design, install and testing. I am trying to design these so that they work with the MT conversion but we'll see.

If there is any interest I can share the templates once they are done.

Cheers,
Andre

Attachments

• 20200513_223003.jpg
    20200513_223003.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 36
You could always just go the @Notorious J route and steal some pantyhose from the Mrs. She won’t notice them missing. ???

You could always just go the @Notorious J route and steal some pantyhose from the Mrs. She won’t notice them missing. ???
Definitely would be simpler but I like the look of closing the wheel wells so you can't see through the truck. Plus, while more work up front, once the wheel wells/fenders are in, there's nothing in the way and nothing to do when changing the battery or working on the car.

I would love to have the templates and try to do this. Though I figure the front wheels are responsible for 90 percent of the debris, so I might just go with front fenders only.

Wow ! Looks like you had fun. Should call it the Arrma Wookie lol, all jokes aside be careful cleaning could be a Tick or two in that tall grass

I also noticed that the senton body kinda create a vacuum on the rear and it sucks all the dirt and grass into the body. My typhon didn't have this problem at all.

I also noticed that the senton body kinda create a vacuum on the rear and it sucks all the dirt and grass into the body. My typhon didn't have this problem at all.
Maybe cut some vents in the back to let the air out, might reduce the effect.

Heheheheh... I ended up switching to the Pro Line Flo-Tek body bash armor and have been very happy with the results. I'm not sure if it collects debris any less, but nearly removed all parachuting from the truck.

s

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back