Senton Operation Cool Down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAM

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 4s
  3. Senton 6s
First up adjustable motor mount installed with 15t pinion. Also new sealed bearings on the slipper. I have a motor fan going on next with the rest of the new bearings. One things for sure my son doesn’t admire the hot racing bling as much as me. Check out this factory motor mount. I noticed the motor wasn’t flush and I figured a screw maybe backed out but that wasn’t the issue. That factory loctite was no joke.

Attachments

• CE859B5A-2804-46E2-B5C8-97340AC9FEC6.jpeg
    CE859B5A-2804-46E2-B5C8-97340AC9FEC6.jpeg
    267.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 94F8CA01-043C-4C70-9800-D486BCA5ECDA.jpeg
    94F8CA01-043C-4C70-9800-D486BCA5ECDA.jpeg
    251.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 351FC1E2-5B33-4DB6-AA6F-9B897EF92484.jpeg
    351FC1E2-5B33-4DB6-AA6F-9B897EF92484.jpeg
    246.5 KB · Views: 66
That hot racing motor mount is pretty nice. I wonder how many spurs you destroyed before you noticed it was bent.

Do you think you'll need a motor fan while using a 15t pinion?

I got lucky. I think it must of happened on the last run. The spur seems ok but went ahead and picked another up from Jennys just incase. The fan may be overkill but a 4 year old doesn’t get that his truck needs to cool down after extended use haha.

Well that’s good to hear.

Tore open the rear diff during my exploratory mission to replace all bearings with rubber sealed style. Some of these suckers are almost welded to the plastics. Moving in to the hubs next then the front end will get attention. I’m thinking I should of replaced the rear diff oil as the viscosity feels thicker as there is more resistance than the front. I need to research this but is the rear different from factory?

Well that’s good to hear.

Tore open the rear diff during my exploratory mission to replace all bearings with rubber sealed style. Some of these suckers are almost welded to the plastics. Moving in to the hubs next then the front end will get attention. I’m thinking I should of replaced the rear diff oil as the viscosity feels thicker as there is more resistance than the front. I need to research this but is the rear different from factory?
10k in the 3S, 6k in the 4S.

I had nearly nothing on rear diff oil (Typhon's 3s son) Basically empty...
I run for the track 60/40 (F/R) diff oil for Senton/Typhon.

Im not fan of hot racing bling their motor mount bended like a banana first nose landing but i think its because i lost the motor support thing that i bought now

So what would lead to the back diff seeming to be stiffer. When I turn the axle it seems like it’s almost too thick when I watch the internals spin. What brand are you all going with? I Might want to play with different weight set ups to see if that fixes the issue. I can hand spin the front wheels while suspended and the main drive shaft is out and they keep spinning. The back won’t even free spin.

Im not fan of hot racing bling their motor mount bended like a banana first nose landing but i think its because i lost the motor support thing that i bought now

What mount are you using?

So what would lead to the back diff seeming to be stiffer. When I turn the axle it seems like it’s almost too thick when I watch the internals spin. What brand are you all going with? I Might want to play with different weight set ups to see if that fixes the issue. I can hand spin the front wheels while suspended and the main drive shaft is out and they keep spinning. The back won’t even free spin.

The arrma adjustable mount

What is the motor support thing?

Aren’t the 2 mounts for the 3s line basically the same?
The Arrma and HR adjustable motor mounts are very similar. The HR has ribs on one side which may or may not help cool the motor or add rigidity. I own both and don’t see a material difference between them.

So basically it is the same as saying that the stickers on my car add horsepower?

Gave it a test run this evening. The 15 tooth pinion made it more torquey and it still rips around faster than I expected. Happy with it so far.

Stayed cool on our run tonight until....

Are the aluminum big bore on eBay worth it? They have aluminum eyelets for the top mount. I’ve seen a granite shock fail here too. RPMs are on order.

Attachments

• 3C502614-AE5D-4ADA-92AE-2884F6EB86F8.jpeg
    3C502614-AE5D-4ADA-92AE-2884F6EB86F8.jpeg
    291.5 KB · Views: 35
Stayed cool on our run tonight until....

Are the aluminum big bore on eBay worth it? They have aluminum eyelets for the top mount. I’ve seen a granite shock fail here too. RPMs are on order.
I didn’t care for the eBay shocks. I think the ZD from Banggood look better. I’m running 6S shocks on all my rigs, but good luck finding them in the reasonable price range.

I didn’t care for the eBay shocks. I think the ZD from Banggood look better. I’m running 6S shocks on all my rigs, but good luck finding them in the reasonable price range.
So I’ve seen some back and forth on which 6s model is comparable for the senton and 3s line up. I see you own a granite. Which model did you pull from since these 2 models should be compatible. also are the upper mounts aluminum?

Diffs aren't supposed to freespin. If they do, the diff is empty of diff oil or has water in it.:LOL:

So I’ve seen some back and forth on which 6s model is comparable for the senton and 3s line up. I see you own a granite. Which model did you pull from since these 2 models should be compatible. also are the upper mounts aluminum?
The Typhon 6S shocks are perfect for the 3S line. On the 4S rigs, they are a tad short and the springs are soft. But for the Granite, Senton, BRCC, and Typhon 3S rigs all can use the Typhon 6S shocks with only one simple addition. You need something to reduce the top eyelet hole of the 6S shocks. You can simply use a piece of small plastic tubing, or you can buy the spacers from Axial that fit like a glove and are dirt cheap.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back