Operation warehouse warrior

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a little housekeeping at the workbench today and did some stuff to my old Tmaxx and Revo models. I can't let my electric rigs have all the fun. Gonna hit the body with a classic General Motors 2 tone red and white color scheme. Masking took longer than trimming to fit.

20230202_075631.jpg

20230202_101151.jpg

20230202_083837.jpg

20230202_134811.jpg

20230202_115152.jpg

20230202_150021.jpg

Installed some polo creations headlights and a lightbar on the K6.
20230207_175251.jpg

Then I started to play around with some wires with the intent of making my own high-speed fan setup.
20230207_183821.jpg

I've only done a little bit of initial testing on them but these little boogers have so much airflow that they almost hover. And the best part is I was able to get 10 fans, all the wiring, AND a new soldering iron for about the same cost as 1 set of 3 fans. Gonna have to order some adapters to fit them but to DIY 3 setups for just a little more than to purchase 1 set... I'll take it.

Today was busy during the day, but I managed to get a bit done after hours. I got to try out my new soldering iron, got some more use out of the heat gun, and put my new hot glue gun to work again. I'll probably apply the shoe goo tomorrow since my belly started to say I need to go home and get something to eat.
20230208_180645.jpg
20230208_184035.jpg

20230208_184343.jpg
20230208_184331.jpg

Very pleased with how much my new tools are paying off. And it's easy to see why so many people are running the 40mm fans. These things move so much air I could probably bash the felony with a 20t or higher pinion and dare that motor to get too hot 🤣.

The past few days have been geared more towards pooling up parts for my rigs. I've done a little bit here and there, but nothing substantial. I've got some dual 40mm fan adapter plates and covers on the way along with some lights and tires for the felony. Yesterday was a no rc day to prevent the wife from thinking I don't love her as much as my rc's. And what does she give me for Valentines other than some chocolate covered strawberries with a naughty message on them? She sends me some cash on PayPal so I can get more rc parts 🤣🤣 she knows me all too well.

Here's my most recent post in "What did you work on today?"

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/what-did-you-work-on-today.9619/post-895180

Everything's coming along nicely with getting the fleet ready for warmer weather days ahead. I can hardly wait!
Speaking of the Felony, here's a sneak peek at some of the wrenching I have ahead of me.
20230216_180749.jpg

High voltage high speed servo, aluminum diff cases, aluminum chassis braces, carbon fiber shock towers, new shoes of course and some high speed fans. It's gonna handle like a completely different car by the time I'm done with it. 😎

Last edited:
No, I haven't abandoned this thread. I just haven't had as much time to devote to the RC gods this summer as I had intended to. That, coupled with the abnormally rainy summer we've had in the Northeast US, and the landlord parking their skid steer where my track was starting to take shape in the backyard really put a damper on things. The landlords passive agressive nonsense aside, what time I have been able to make available for RC this summer has been mostly spent in 1/10 scale crawler land. I've done up an Amazon special rig, which I think didn't turn out too bad and have picked up a few new additions to the fleet while finishing up some other projects. I really need to get better at posting the things I do so you guys can see it, but in all honesty I tend to get more done when not keeping the camera handy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back