Typhon Opinion about the 3s t bone racing bumpers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
I recently decided to buy the bullet and get the t bone guardian bumper for my kraton 4s hoping it will reduce the impact on my drovetrain specially my motor mount. I want to know what do yous guys think about the t bone bumpers specially the ones from the typhon 3s?
I recently saw a typhon with a t bone racing bumber being snaped in half after a high colision with a tree i don't want to create another issue by having cracked chassi because of this bumper

I recently bought the T-bone front and rear bumper as well as the chassis skid plate. Installed the front bumper and am happy with it. Being that I seem to turn into a kid in a candy store when I get new rc parts I opened everything all at once and mixed up screws and spacers etc and haven’t installed the skid plate or rear bumper. I’ve emailed them 5-6 times the past month if they had any instructions or advice on installing their products and never received a response. Good product, frustrating customer support.

I recently bought the T-bone front and rear bumper as well as the chassis skid plate. Installed the front bumper and am happy with it. Being that I seem to turn into a kid in a candy store when I get new rc parts I opened everything all at once and mixed up screws and spacers etc and haven’t installed the skid plate or rear bumper. I’ve emailed them 5-6 times the past month if they had any instructions or advice on installing their products and never received a response. Good product, frustrating customer support.
Email them trought ebay the responded me in 1 day
Well idk if they will be more usefull they said the typhon bumpers were not compatible to the arrma kraton when they share the same chassi

Email them trought ebay the responded me in 1 day
Well idk if they will be more usefull they said the typhon bumpers were not compatible to the arrma kraton when they share the same chassi

I had 6 or 7 emails back from them when I was asking questions explaining how I was using my truck about advice what products to purchase. Once the sale was done, nothing.

Just got mine in the mail today.. I still like the factory bumper look but this one is growing on me.. I will put it through its paces in the next week or so...

But, full throttle into a tree? Yikes! Not much is going to live through that man.. it's no surprise the the chassis broke.. even a 60ft jump landing wrong wouldnt apply the force a tree at full throttle will..

Create another account?
Just got mine in the mail today.. I still like the factory bumper look but this one is growing on me.. I will put it through its paces in the next week or so...

But, full throttle into a tree? Yikes! Not much is going to live through that man.. it's no surprise the the chassis broke.. even a 60ft jump landing wrong wouldnt apply the force a tree at full throttle will..
I just don't want my chassi to snap in half if i nose land a 10feet jump i don't jump that high because it makes me nervous lol

Create another account?

I just don't want my chassi to snap in half if i nose land a 10feet jump i don't jump that high because it makes me nervous lol

The front bumper doesn’t look as good as the small stock one, but it’s held up well. And nothing is going to hold up to a wide open tree collision. Lol

They posted today a new bumper design for the 3S rig. I use their current bumper on top of the stock one

They posted today a new bumper design for the 3S rig. I use their current bumper on top of the stock one
Any links to this? Just curious as to what it looks like..

I have T-Bone Racing bumpers on 5 of my rcs now, I haven't tested out the Kraton yet, the 4 on my Lc Racing vehicles(I also have the rear bumpers) have been great, the 2 on my D8T are working beautifully but the one on my Outcast has been taking a beating for over a year now and the screws are pulling through the bottom so I think I am going to stick my Voltage skids on top of them.

If you ran into a tree and the bumper broke but nothing else did I think the bumper did it's job.

Son of a b!... that thing is way nicer than what's been offered.. guess I'm gonna ditch the new one I just got..lol

Looks like a prototype so far and its metal thats not really good bumper
I just don't want my brace pin to fall out i might design something to make sure it will never fly out
How rigid the bottom part of the bumepr is?
Son of a b!... that thing is way nicer than what's been offered.. guess I'm gonna ditch the new one I just got..lol
Can you bend it downwards and make the brace pop out?

Last edited:
Mother f***er I just bought a 3s bumper from them................
I just don't want my brace pin to fall out i might design something to make sure it will never fly out
I couldn't tell if it was metal or really shiny plastic.

Mother f***er I just bought a 3s bumper from them................

I couldn't tell if it was metal or really shiny plastic.
Anyway their new bumper would be like 30$ the 4s bumper are expensive
I wanted something who looks cool so i went with the guardian bumper

I recently bought a front bumper, rear bumper, as well as a chassis skid plate. I’m happy with the front bumper, but there were no instructions on how to mount the skid plate with the spacers and which length screws to use etc for it or the rear bumper. I’ve emailed your company probably 5-6x and have never gotten a response. Can you help me out?

not the biggest fan on 3s chassis... The 3s chassis is less durable than the bumper itself. So when there is a big impact, instead of breaking the bumper, it will transfer all the force on the frame. I learned that the hard way.
B60F0D41-784F-46D3-A5CA-DE49D24CD281.jpeg
IMG_5194.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back