Typhon Opinion about the 3s t bone racing bumpers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own two of the TBR 10100 bumpers and they aren’t a great design tbh. I run them on top of the stock bumpers due to losing the hinge pin block on the first jumps. You will need the stock bumper to hold the hinge pin plate on. Then the screws just pull thru the plastic eventually. I see the new design is a slight improvement with the integrated block, but it’s missing the tabs on the rear section that keep the screws from pulling thru. Those two little tabs that tuck into the chassis as a lot of leverage in a crash. Takes a bunch of the stress off the screws.

Just inspected my Tbone front bumper, sure enough the hinge pin spacer on the bumper is broken and my hinge pin retainer is gone. I took pictures and sent them in, hopefully they’ll warranty it? Is it out of line to ask for a new hinge pin retainer as well since it was their product that broke and caused it to fall off? Also stripped one of the mounting screws out. Thanks

Just inspected my Tbone front bumper, sure enough the hinge pin spacer on the bumper is broken and my hinge pin retainer is gone. I took pictures and sent them in, hopefully they’ll warranty it? Is it out of line to ask for a new hinge pin retainer as well since it was their product that broke and caused it to fall off? Also stripped one of the mounting screws out. Thanks
Same thing happened to me. I went back to stock because it happened twice. I completely got rid of the front bumper for my Typhon 3S due to this. I put the granite bumper on it which I like better anyway.

Still no reply from T-bone. If anyone is looking at their products I’d say buyer be ware because there is literally no customer support. I even tried messaging Jeff here as well as contacting them via eBay. No response back.

Well sadly a couple packs in the retaining block broke so I guess it's time to go back to the factory bumper for me as well...

I lost my hinge pin blocks on my first few jumps. Found it and put it back in, just to lose it for good a few jumps later

I lost my hinge pin blocks on my first few jumps. Found it and put it back in, just to lose it for good a few jumps later
I put longer screws and used nuts and loctite and it has held. Thought about just gluing the aluminum hinge pin brace to the block since the new hardware is securing it really well.

The first two front bumpers I purchased were great. The next 3 have been less then stellar. Each one was missing key pieces that I had to go into my own part bag to finish their product that I am paying pretty good money for. Will not be buying anymore from them. Also no directions, and the how to videos seem to be done with version 1 crap that isn’t even sold anymore so it basically doesn’t even pertain to the version you just bought. Dumbfounds me how anyone could run a company like this? I would seriously reconsider letting them be a vendor on these forums.

Well they are the only ones making bumpers for the 3-4s line

But if it makes your truck more unreliable there’s no sense in wasting your $ on it. I’ve literally never had such a ridiculously bad experience with a company before.

Same. I’m running mine without bumpers now and will likely go back to a Granite bumper before putting the TBR back on.

Still no reply from t-bone, I’ve been emailing them twice a day now. I wonder if they’re going out of business.

Ok.. well I'm not sure why you guys have not received a reply.. maybe just super busy? I cant speak for them..

But, as stated a couple days ago my retaining block had snapped as well as many others... luckily I caught it before the pin plate went mia... I emailed tbone through Ebay with an explanation and a picture of the block.. (attached below)..
I received a return email this am stating they will be putting through a warranty and will have one out to me asap..

Now keep in mind, I had already left feedback for the purchase, so they in no way were obligated to even reply to me through the Ebay system... I'm not in any way repping for tbone in any way, maybe real life happened and the toy parts fell behind... or possibly they are trying to get the redesign done to make everyone happy.. point is, "THEY DO EXIST" you know, santa clause and the m&m's lol...

Attachments

• 20191008_154723.jpg
    20191008_154723.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 46
Im pretty happy with my new bumper im not using their little block piece to old the pins because thats just ew makes too much stress on everything so i just mounted it on top of the original skidplate but i took the bumper part off

Im pretty happy with my new bumper im not using their little block piece to old the pins because thats just ew makes too much stress on everything so i just mounted it on top of the original skidplate but i took the bumper part off

I did the same... put the bumper right over the factory setup on my typhon

I ordered front bumper, skid plate, and rear bumper directly from T-bone about a month ago. Installed the front bumper and the hing pin brace broke causing me to lose the bracket. I’ve emailed them so many times I lost count with no response. I wondered if there were any instructions as to how to install the skid plate and rear bumper. As well as sent in pictures of the broken hinge pin retainer on the bumper. I feel like this is the movie Groundhogs Day I’ve repeated this so much with no response from T-bone at all. I can’t say it’s the worst customer support because there literally IS NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

I wish I would’ve done that but I thought they knew what they were doing when they designed it, obviously they didn’t.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back