Typhon Opinion about the 3s t bone racing bumpers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did the same... put the bumper right over the factory setup on my typhon
I did the same until the screw heads pulled thru the bottom of the bumper. Now I need larger heads to hold it on. ??‍♂️

Well hopefully I'll get an updated one as well.. but who knows... all I can say is I'm glad they made it right for you.

I did the same until the screw heads pulled thru the bottom of the bumper. Now I need larger heads to hold it on. ??‍♂️

To bad you tore those through dilly.. you do have a 3d printer though buddy.. you could have printed spacers to fill the taper on the factory parts giving you a clean mating surface for the bumper to sit on ..

To bad you tore those through dilly.. you do have a 3d printer though buddy.. you could have printed spacers to fill the taper on the factory parts giving you a clean mating surface for the bumper to sit on ..
I could just print my own whole bumper too. ??‍♂️

Eh, not quite... yes you could... but it will fail repeatedly.. nylon is the best bet, but very difficult to print...the conditions have to be exact, and even then the layers will separate over time with abuse.. save yourself the hours and print the spacers...lol

Eh, not quite... yes you could... but it will fail repeatedly.. nylon is the best bet, but very difficult to print...the conditions have to be exact, and even then the layers will separate over time with abuse.. save yourself the hours and print the spacers...lol
I’m trying to get some time to finish a design and get some prints made in carbon fiber reinforced PLA. I bought a spool a while ago but have put off printing until my new mainboard comes. They sent me the wrong one. The correct one is backordered. Some Chinese holiday BS. I have a new hardened steel hot end and a LED kit to install too. Hoping these Chinese B’s get off their asses and ship me my order correctly this time. I’ve got prints ready to fire, but this Ender 5 has issues with layers right now and the mainboard is supposed to help. My stepper drivers are sh!tty and the new 2209s are supposed to correct that.

What kind of layer issues are you having? Any pictures? Those enders are usually solid with even the factory drivers...

What kind of layer issues are you having? Any pictures? Those enders are usually solid with even the factory drivers...
It may be a filament issue too, but the other issue is the noise level. I installed TL smoothers to try to fix the layers issue. The new stepper drivers are supposed to make it a lot quieter. At least that’s what Teaching Tech said.

Oh ya I remember you saying that noise was an issue... I'd be running that thing man... at least during the day...layer issues are most likely a mechanical problem.. wether it's a hot end issue, belts, axis binding

Oh ya I remember you saying that noise was an issue... I'd be running that thing man... at least during the day...layer issues are most likely a mechanical problem.. wether it's a hot end issue, belts, axis binding
I may be expecting too much from standard PLA. It splits really easy.

Ya you may have an issue.. I've printed vice's for my circuit boards and they are vicious little things for being pla.. they could easily crush your hand without failure... I've promoted them to holding my polished aluminum parts in my cnc and drill press... they work well...

Back on topic with the bumpers.. I received my warranty today, they sent me just the block, no revised version.. I'll toss that in the rc box.. I just printed spacers and mounted the bumper over the original

First run with the exact same designed bumpers that T-bone claimed were updated and this was the result, another lost hinge pin brace.

Attachments

• DA0600C6-FFD2-42CB-9156-CFC4B096D9CD.jpeg
    DA0600C6-FFD2-42CB-9156-CFC4B096D9CD.jpeg
    362.7 KB · Views: 65
First run with the exact same designed bumpers that T-bone claimed were updated and this was the result, another lost hinge pin brace.
Mount it over the stock bumper with a washer
I had no issues
ONLY the second screw who is too small i superglue it on the threads
IMG_0939.JPG

Create another account?

I just don't want my chassi to snap in half if i nose land a 10feet jump i don't jump that high because it makes me nervous lol
Buy a justbashitrc chassis or the M2C chassis along with shock tower braces! Nothing is indestructible but their both VERY STRONG!!
I own two of the TBR 10100 bumpers and they aren’t a great design tbh. I run them on top of the stock bumpers due to losing the hinge pin block on the first jumps. You will need the stock bumper to hold the hinge pin plate on. Then the screws just pull thru the plastic eventually. I see the new design is a slight improvement with the integrated block, but it’s missing the tabs on the rear section that keep the screws from pulling thru. Those two little tabs that tuck into the chassis as a lot of leverage in a crash. Takes a bunch of the stress off the screws.
Recommend you replace the front stock bumper to am M2C front hinge pin Brace then run you're aftermarket bumpers T-bone or rpm (which I opted for) ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back