Opinion on 3s model

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ed1408

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
  2. Voltage
Let me start by saying that I'm brand new to RC. Having this forum as a resource has been so helpful. I am really enjoying everything about the hobby and recently picked up a Granite Voltage. My 4 year old enjoys bashing around with it. I was thinking about getting either the Granite 3s BLX or the Typhon 3s BLX primarily for me to use and wanted to get any opinions or recommendations on the two. Thanks in advance.

Can't go wrong with either really. The granite is more of a stunt truck between the two, and the Typhon is more of an all rounder out of the box and very versatile ( It's easy to add monster tires to the Typhon and make it a truggy, or dedicated road tires and make it a top speed car, etc)

The Typhon has 17mm wheel hex nuts which is a common size for 1/8 scale vehicles so there are a lot of wheel/tire combos available. The granite has 14mm hex nuts which isn't very common so if you want to get different wheels/tires you'll have few options unless you get the adapters from hot racing to make them 17mm or downsize to 12mm hex nuts which is a common size for 1/10 cars.

Whatever you choose should be based on what you plan to do with it. If you want a stunt truck that can do heavy bashing and you plan to leave it stock get the granite. If you want a truck that can do a little of everything get the Typhon. If you plan to explore things more and are not shy about buying upgrades then either is fine, with the Typhon I would say is the more versatile and can be made to do anything without needing as many upgrades as the granite would depending on what you want to do with it.

Go with what looks the most fun. In the end, most of the parts are interchangeable so you can mix and match later. Nothing you buy is going to stay in its stock form long. Things will break and you will want upgraded parts. It’s part of the hobby. Just make sure you don’t buy a Mega version. Get the BLX version of the one that seems to draw your interest the most.

Based on the body shell pricing on jrc, I'd get the granite and then if you want, you can buy the body posts and Typhon shell for cheap and convert it later. The Typhon shell is cheaper than the granite shell, on jrc at least.

The 3s line almost have 0 defects exept the leaky shocks that might need remplacing in the future but in my case i kept maintaining my shock orings with green slime and i never had a shock leakage on my 4s shocks?‍♀️
At one time you will want to upgrade stuff Thats how it goes ussualy but just don't go 100% alluminum?

first rc cars are soo fun :) second typhon is nice the longer body on the 8th scale buggy is cool platform to work with heres my typhon 3s i upgraded it a lil bit made a truggy
1631484177333.png

SPEKTRUM™ 2200Kv BRUSHLESS MOTOR /SPEKTRUM™ FIRMA™ 130A SMART ESC /INTERCO SUPER SWAMPER TSL BOGGER TIRES and 140 mm shocks i printed longer bars and ditched the turnbuckles on my typhon 3s 3d printed rims and various parts had to toss this in its same care with home made cage
1631541767440.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back