opinion on traxxas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watching the UDR slide through the dirt is SO COOL!!! The rear half of the truck just disappears. On the Infraction, I've broken the front splitter and I've gone through several tires (that's the fun of it though). I've also experienced many thermal shutdowns. Additionally, I swapped out the radio to a DX5C. In Traxxas world, my experiences with the Slash, Maxx, X and UDR were: the Slash (over 10 years, I might have broken $20 in parts), the X (broke the pinion and servo), the Maxx (the skid plate probably should be replaced soon), the UDR - broke it on Day 2, wheel nuts kept falling off. Reason? The axle pin sliced a perfect circle in the hub adapter resulting in the axle spinning without wheel movement, pushing the wheel nut off. I probably didn't have to replace much on the UDR but being that I was prepared with a bunch of better parts at the ready, one day I was like - f it, they're all going on. Of my Traxxas trucks, the Slash, Maxx and X seem indestructible and the UDR is so much fun to watch - it drives in a different way.

In Arrma world, the Infraction is the only one I own and it's a blast to drive - just wish it would stop going thermal. It doesn't happen all the time but according to Murphy's Law, it can and does happen when I don't want it to. I also wish it came with a better radio. I heavily considered the K8S when it came out - but after the reviews of broken support braces and bent chassis, I decided against it.

There are many more I could talk about .. but I'll leave it at this for now. ;)

It sounds like you need a Mojave !!!!

I was actually thinking of getting the 1/10th Raptor Baha Rey , not to expensive /small/get that rear live axle drive / looks like fun . Just wonder how durable it is .

Selling the Rock Rey for a Raptor Baja Rey also.
That body is just so right.

Well, I have 4 Traxxas models including the new TRX-4 TRAXX...love it!
In my opinion, Traxxas very reliable and durable with very good quality. However, after the lawsuit against Arrma, I'm having a second thought. I have decided to support Arrma. (y)

I was actually thinking of getting the 1/10th Raptor Baha Rey , not to expensive /small/get that rear live axle drive / looks like fun . Just wonder how durable it is .
I have never had a Losi .. but based on what I've heard, they're just as durable as any of the other major players. Losi's been around a long time. That should say something.
Well, I have 4 Traxxas models including the new TRX-4 TRAXX...love it!
In my opinion, Traxxas very reliable and durable with very good quality. However, after the lawsuit against Arrma, I'm having a second thought. I have decided to support Arrma. (y)
Same here - I don't like their business practices but I have no problems with their vehicles.

I heard the X0-1 had major issues with randomly wanting to go into orbit during speed runs.
sorry for late reply but yes, it does. for being shaped as a truck, the infraction has set my PB but i would've expected something the shape of a super car to set my PB, not rip a tree support in half because it became a mercedez benz 1999 le mans car

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back