opinions on losi

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some are good and some are completely junk. All depends on what 1 you are looking at?

Some are good and some are completely junk. All depends on what 1 you are looking at?
Like the gas powered Eight-T and gas powered LST, I heard nothing but horror stories about them, but it was mainly the gas motors that were the problem.

I have 3 , SCTE 3.0 ( kit )that I use only indoor carpet racing , DBXL-E , and the new SBR 2.0 . As said very well built / durable / engineered . My next Losi would be the Baja Rey 1/10 Raptor to have something smaller or the Tenacity DB Pro .

Yeah I have a 8ight and they are junk. There is a reason a diff and pinion gear are only $20 you gotta keep those around like bearings and the motors are good for about 3 to 4 gallons which is terrible in the nitro world

Baja is a better 1. The 8ight rtr is junk if you want a good losi buggy or truggy you need the tlr kits to do that.

Don't the TLR parts fit the Rtr though?
Yes most parts do. I have tlr diffs in my 8ight rtr along with the shocks and towers. At $80 a diff and $50 a tower it would have been cheaper to get the kit. One thing horizon hobby isn't telling anyone is the whole 8ight series is a discontinued rig and has been for a couple years. You can not and I repeat can not get parts. They are selling hobby grade cars you can not fix without upgrading.
Example the nitro 8ight rtr comes with a 17t clutch bell.. losi uses a proprietary clutch bell. The biggest they even make is a 15t. Which is a huge slow down. So to fix that you have to buy a whole new clutch assembly and flywheel, fit it to the motor and then get a clutch bell that fits. I eventually converted it over to electric and run arrma blx 185 in it with teckno diffs and badlands. Only then did it become reliable... kinda. Still eats diffs. So I am going to rip it apart and parts bin it after a heatsink experiment I am waiting for parts on.

Last edited:
I have a DBXLE and a DB Pro. The DBXLE has so far taken anything I've thrown at it .. I broke the rear wing recently (landed directly on it) - and kept right on rollin'. The DB Pro has also been a blast - and I somehow recently lost the front center drive pin. I don't know if it came loose and fell out or broke off. I'm going with the former because I see no signs of damage - one thing I have seen with the Losi brand is that you have to ensure everything is tight before you play. Even with the pin out, she kept pulling, just in 2wd only.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back