Opinions on Team Associated Rc8b3e vs Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deej78

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Getting worried about the shear lack of availability for spare parts and the fact I’ve been waiting 6 weeks for stock to replenish with the Typhon V3, would a
Team associated Rc8b3e be a good alternative?

Being looking at pricing. Although I would prefer a kit my budget doesn’t reach that far. Bummer. I’ll stay waiting.
not-sure.jpg

Firstly, the Team Associated RC8B3e is a discontinued model. Second the EB410 sells now for $150 LESS than the Associated did, but you can't afford the Tekno?

No matter how you slice it, the Team Associated is even more and that's what you was asking about...
I think what I will do while I don't have tonnes of time with having small children, I’ll run the Typhon and upgrade over time then go for a kit in a few years. Modelsport say May 3rd for stock replenish so fingers crossed.

Have you considered the thunder tiger bushmaster buggy? Supposedly faster and tougher then the typhon

@WoodiE - Did you mean the EB48.4? The EB410 is 1/10 scale. Much smaller than the Typhon.

To the OP -
You asked about the RC8B3e, but then say you don't want a kit? The RC8B3e is a full racing kit... Maybe you mean the RC8.2e RTR?
https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-associated-rc8.2e-rtr-blue-asc80908b/p704885
While this kit is a bit outdated as a racer, it does make a great bashing buggy. Maybe not as tough at the Arrma, but most all 1/8 buggies are pretty tough and fast/powerful.

Do you have a local shop? You may go see what they support.

@WoodiE - Did you mean the EB48.4? The EB410 is 1/10 scale. Much smaller than the Typhon.
No I meant the EB410. Just because the EB410 is 1/10th scale doesn't make it any more inferior. ;)

That said I also suggested the OP to check out the EB48 in his second thread asking for recommendations, which the EB48 is also 1/8th scale.

I went with the hoboa hyper vs roller in the end and made it 6s with a cracking Servo. Very happy with it. I think the only parts that are inferior to the Typhon are the shock towers which I’ll ipgrade over time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back