Opinions on unhappy "customer"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skidmarkus

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
Ok, My buddy sold a wraith this morning on the local buy and sell. This wraith has a fully custom rock bouncer cage with a non sensored brushless combo. Very obvious to someone into crawling that this is a rock bouncer and not a crawler. The guy who bought it was super excited in all the aftermarket and custom parts. He gladly paid 500$ for this used rig. Now hes coming back saying it jitters at low speeds when trying to crawl rocks with it and wants his money back because there must be something wrong with it. I realize that the guy does not know the difference between a crawler and a bouncer or he would not be asking for a refund. This rig is sick and should have sold for 6-700 but he let it go for 500 to fund an arrma mojave. If your being honest, what would you do in this situation. My buggy doesn't really want to make this guy feel like hes been ripped off on his first ever rig and push him away from the hobby, but at the same time, he gave the guy a screaming deal on a fully custom rock bouncer and it being told its not working right as a rock crawler...... Its non sensored ffs. All relevant info was in the buy and sell ad.

Ok, My buddy sold a wraith this morning on the local buy and sell. This wraith has a fully custom rock bouncer cage with a non sensored brushless combo. Very obvious to someone into crawling that this is a rock bouncer and not a crawler. The guy who bought it was super excited in all the aftermarket and custom parts. He gladly paid 500$ for this used rig. Now hes coming back saying it jitters at low speeds when trying to crawl rocks with it and wants his money back because there must be something wrong with it. I realize that the guy does not know the difference between a crawler and a bouncer or he would not be asking for a refund. This rig is sick and should have sold for 6-700 but he let it go for 500 to fund an arrma mojave. If your being honest, what would you do in this situation. My buggy doesn't really want to make this guy feel like hes been ripped off on his first ever rig and push him away from the hobby, but at the same time, he gave the guy a screaming deal on a fully custom rock bouncer and it being told its not working right as a rock crawler...... Its non sensored ffs. All relevant info was in the buy and sell ad.
That's like buying a Harley and saying it's too noisy. FFS. As long as the guy knew it wasn't sensored then too bad for him. I'd explain that nicely and call it a day.

There was no false advertising and not on the buyer to read the customers mind.
All sales are final, sorry. By all means in friendly terms.

The fact it's not a crawler should be obvious.
Doesn't mean it couldn't be made into one, but that is part of the hobby.
Tell him to rip it instead, that should put a smile on his face.

Agreed.

If all the relevant info was clearly written in the buy&sell ad, I'd explain politely that was his responsability to make sure that he buys the right stuff for what he intends to do with it.

I often find that selling used stuff is a pain because you never know what kind of people you will have to deal with...

Sounds good. I agree completly. The guy is offering to sell it back for 400 lol.

Sounds good. I agree completly. The guy is offering to sell it back for 400 lol.
I hope your friend wrote a Bill of Sale and the words "selling Wraith AS IS...". If so, the other guy has nothing on him if it came to a court issue..

“Live and learn”. Sounds like this guy is a snowflake. Not everyone gets a trophy. Go get the Mojave and move on.

I would buy it back as long as he hasn’t damaged it. I’m a nice guy like that. By all means he’s not morally required to do anything. I just don’t need the drama and would find another buyer rather than stand on principle. ??‍♂️??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back