Outcast Opinions please before I purchase this outcast 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALex38

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I have a chance at getting a v1 or v2 outcast 6s. Not sure what version but I know it’s older because the guy said it’s few years old and it’s the orange color body which is older. It’s brand new never ran with box just older version. Asking $380. Is it worth it or I’m better off waiting and spending more for a new current one? Here’s some pics of it attatched

B9F87FA7-811A-4E30-8613-E14F515972C9.png

9F416A32-B31C-47D1-8F9D-8B6A440B892A.png

FB2EEE1E-54B9-45FD-90F3-D5DC61093A92.png

E87AA34C-5F40-47CD-9C5F-817E06EC2BA9.png

Last edited:
If it was a V4 I'd say offer 350. I don't think it's worth it in my opinion
Oh ok. I was thinking it was a good deal since it’s never been used. But it is the older version. Why do you say it’s not worth it? Was there some big upgrades to newer version?

Oh ok. I was thinking it was a good deal since it’s never been used. But it is the older version. Why do you say it’s not worth it? Was there some big upgrades to newer version?
Seeing pics of it, looks pretty mint actually. A lot of updates have happened from the V1 to the V4. You could update it yourself if you can get him to drop the price.

It's definitely worth it, that truck sold for $549.99 new plus tax. See if he will take $350, if not it's still worth it.
I tried offering $350 but he’s firm. He said the same thing you just said. “This was $549 brand new.” Lol. I was only iffy because it’s a older model and no warranty since it probably expired
Seeing pics of it, looks pretty mint actually. A lot of updates have happened from the V1 to the V4. You could update it yourself if you can get him to drop the price.
Yeah supposedly he never used it and is new. He’s firm at $380

I tried offering $350 but he’s firm. He said the same thing you just said. “This was $549 brand new.” Lol. I was only iffy because it’s a older model and no warranty since it probably expired

Ask him to show it runs with cash in hand. If so take it and run. Then check the diff fluid when you get home.

Still worth it IMO if that's the truck you really want. The alternative is buying the V5 for $600 OTD.

Ask him to show it runs with cash in hand. If so take it and run. Then check the diff fluid when you get home.
You mean if it works fine it’s a good deal at $380?
Still worth it IMO if that's the truck you really want. The alternative is buying the V5 for $600 OTD.
Well yeah it seems like a fun truck. I’m only a few months into this hobby and only other rc I own is a typhon 6s v2. Which is awesome but wanted a truck too for a change and off roading.

Yes it looks mint. I'd go for it like white on rice er somethin.

Worst case it has the same issues as any other version. Diff fluid and bearings.
Is this considered a reliable and solid truck overall? Kinda new and not trying to get myself into a ton of repairs and upgrades. The typhon has been solid stock for me and it’s v2.

Is this considered a reliable and solid truck overall? Kinda new and not trying to get myself into a ton of repairs and upgrades. The typhon has been solid stock for me and it’s v2.
The saying goes Bash Break Repair Repeat. That said anything will require maintenance and repairs. The frequency of said M&R depends on the driver.

It's a V2(same as the V3 for everything else) only difference between this and the current Outcast is the extra shims in the diffs, the sliding motor mount, easy access center diff, the tower to tower brace and of course it comes with a much better radio than the current Outcast.

It's a V2(same as the V3 for everything else) only difference between this and the current Outcast is the extra shims in the diffs, the sliding motor mount, easy access center diff, the tower to tower brace and of course it comes with a much better radio than the current Outcast.
So you also think it’s a good deal ? Those don’t seem that big of upgrades compared to newer version. Or are they?

You mean if it works fine it’s a good deal at $380?

Well yeah it seems like a fun truck. I’m only a few months into this hobby and only other rc I own is a typhon 6s v2. Which is awesome but wanted a truck too for a change and off roading.
It'll also come with a 2 year warranty.

Have you thought about buying parts to make the Typhon a truggified Typhon?
Also an updated chassis that seems to be holding up and not bending as easy at all from what I've read on this forum.

Was there and issue with shock shaft size in the earlier versions too?

Also an updated chassis that seems to be holding up and not bending as easy at all from what I've read on this forum.

I’ve see some truggified ones I might try that down the road. Seem awesome

I’ve see some truggified ones I might try that down the road. Seem awesome
You could buy the parts to build it up to a truggified Typhon and might be less than 380. The fun part of this hobby is the tinkering involved.

You can switch back and forth and have the best of both worlds 😂

The current Outcast doesn't have the new chassis.

The shock shafts on the V1 were only 3.5mm, the V2 has the new 4mm shafts.
So you also think it’s a good deal ? Those don’t seem that big of upgrades compared to newer version. Or are they?
Yeah. Not really. When compared to the new Notorious they are pretty big upgrades imho.

This is a V2 as said above. They have all came with that same body, so that doesn't make it old. The current version is a V3, which I would avoid. The V4 should drop this summer and would be the same as the current Notorious. If you want to buy today, either save $200 on the V2 or grab a Notorious V4

Back