Outcast Opinions please before I purchase this outcast 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALex38

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I have a chance at getting a v1 or v2 outcast 6s. Not sure what version but I know it’s older because the guy said it’s few years old and it’s the orange color body which is older. It’s brand new never ran with box just older version. Asking $380. Is it worth it or I’m better off waiting and spending more for a new current one? Here’s some pics of it attatched

B9F87FA7-811A-4E30-8613-E14F515972C9.png

9F416A32-B31C-47D1-8F9D-8B6A440B892A.png

FB2EEE1E-54B9-45FD-90F3-D5DC61093A92.png

E87AA34C-5F40-47CD-9C5F-817E06EC2BA9.png

Last edited:
This is a V2 as said above. They have all came with that same body, so that doesn't make it old. The current version is a V3, which I would avoid. The V4 should drop this summer and would be the same as the current Notorious. If you want to buy today, either save $200 on the V2 or grab a Notorious V4
Yeah might buy it. Was just getting opinion on if it’s worth waiting and saving bit more for a brand new version. Or just grabbing this if it’s not known to be problematic and save the $200. Like I said I’m pretty new to hobby and only other rc I have is a typhon 6s v2. So don’t really need the newest and greatest if it’s not needed.
The current Outcast doesn't have the new chassis.

The shock shafts on the V1 were only 3.5mm, the V2 has the new 4mm shafts.

Yeah. Not really. When compared to the new Notorious they are pretty big upgrades imho.
So in your opinion Slick is that a brand new one for $200 more is actually the better buy? $380 vs $570+tx

Id offer $350 and if he doesn't bite move on. Id say its worth $350 max.
Yeah I asked earlier he’s firm at $350. Says it’s never ran. Funny you said that I felt $350 was the price to make it a good deal myself also tbh.

Yeah I asked earlier he’s firm at $350. Says it’s never ran. Funny you said that I felt $350 was the price to make it a good deal myself also tbh.
The more I read your post the more I have to say just pass...

Go to a local Hobby shop and buy one. This will give you a warranty and someone to work on it. Good luck man. Bash on.

Tower has coupon codes for specific items, I have never seen them apply to Arrma vechicles. In fact they usually say, coupon codes don't apply.

Tower has coupon codes for specific items, I have never seen them apply to Arrma vechicles. In fact they usually say, coupon codes don't apply.
I used a tower coupon code on my Outcast. Paid $424.99

20210120_071758.jpg

News to me but see that's 2017. Any Arrma I tried to buy from them in last couple years was not coupon eligable at time of inquiry.
Yeah right after that they stopped allowing coupons on Arrma and Axial products.

I have heard others here say that body is very tough. If you have the $ I'd go with the latest updated Notorious.

If you want it now - this is a reasonably good deal. If you want to wait until possibly summer they will likely update the Outcast and possibly release an Outcast or Notorious EXB version.

Personally, I'd jump on it for $380 if you have the cash and don't have the budget for a new one. That will give you a couple hundred for a good charger, batteries, and a few tools if you don't have those things already.

EIther way - when you buy one order two of the RPM front bumper/skid plates. https://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/...kid-plate-for-the-arrma-kraton-durango-dex8t/

Put one on the front and one on the back. The one in front will sit in front of the stock bumper and protect that cool license plate sticker. :D

Back