Typhon Opinions wanted for second rc: Outcast vs truggified Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Congo1986

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I have a 6s Kraton, and I would like a second RC as a backup and also for its own unique merits. I had been eyeing the outcast, for its crazy backflipping wheelbase. I more recently have been seeing truggified typhons, starting with some videos I found that Duperbash posted. In several vids, I keep hearing him say how the truggified Typhon is his favorite car of all time, and it looks pretty incredible in the vids as well. I like how it seems to be able to pull the flips and have a short wheelbase, while being apparently more stable the the Outcast, possibly making it a more versatile vehicle. But I honestly don’t really know... all I know is what I’m gleaning from videos from duperbash and some others on YouTube. I really want to pull off cool stunts and flips and big air... what do you guys think? Honestly, the Typhon truggified will cost about the same as the Outcast. What’s the more fun car??? What’s your opinion?

For me i would have went with the truggified typhon because the typhon from stock handles really well because its a buggy idk if the outcast and typhon share the same chassi tho the truggified typhon would be more customisable for you and do what you wish vs the outcast
I think the truggified typhon sits in the middle the typhon and outcast personally i think the outcast is a stunt machine but if you like to go fast it might wheelie when you don't want it tho

For me i would have went with the truggified typhon because the typhon from stock handles really well because its a buggy idk if the outcast and typhon share the same chassi tho the truggified typhon would be more customisable for you and do what you wish vs the outcast
I think the truggified typhon sits in the middle the typhon and outcast personally i think the outcast is a stunt machine but if you like to go fast it might wheelie when you don't want it tho
Yeah, I thought it might be a middle ground, best of all worlds basher. I want something that is higjly controllable in the air, and the idea of it being lighter also makes me feel like maybe it won’t overheat or break as easily. I dunno, anyone with experience with the truggified Typhon and also the outcast?

Yeah, I thought it might be a middle ground, best of all worlds basher. I want something that is higjly controllable in the air, and the idea of it being lighter also makes me feel like maybe it won’t overheat or break as easily. I dunno, anyone with experience with the truggified Typhon and also the outcast?
Most of of the people on the forum are maybe asleep atm im sure your going to get more replies in the morning or afternoon
I think the outcast is just too fast for backflip harder to brake at the right time for landing than a bit longer wheel based chassi gaves you a little bit more time to correct in the air

Seen a lot of vids and heard good things about the Truggified Typhon. You seen Rich D and the Dude's vids on YT, so that speaks for itself. Think that's the way to go over the OC for that type of bashing.

I can only speak for the truggified typhon since I don't own an Outcast, but that thing is an absolute blast. I'm running the mx28 badlands (used kraton hubs, axles, stubs to make them fit) and the thing just rips. Pulling backflips on concrete, jumping around with the weight of a fly, really nice power since it's kinda light.
You won't regret getting one, though you'd probably be happy with an outcast too ;)

To me the Outcast and Kraton are sort of too similar, let me explain.. as trucks go they handle very differently one being short wheel base the other long wheelbase meaning the Outcast is more full on trickster vs the Kraton handles much better but that's not to say you can't trick the Kraton.
But the best bit is you can convert a Kraton into an Outcast very easily with not many parts..!!
Chassis, rear chassis brace, body and posts.. ( anymore parts needed.?? people please correct me ? )

Now the Typhon is a completely different beast, I find that my Typhon is the toughest of my Arrma's I have beaten the snot out of it and so far only broken the rear wing ( yes, I know I have just jinxed myself..? )
From what I know a truggyifed is just as tough but has a more stable handling stance so best of both worlds..!!
You could also convert a Typhon into a Outcast but you would require more parts..!!

So to summarise, I would suggest if you have a Kraton already you should buy a Typhon next..!!???
Good luck..

my “truggified” typhon is fun, i did it with mine by mistake not realizing it. the stock low now much wider stance makes it handle very well, the already fast unit makes it a blast to thrash around in dirt, gravel, or pavement. only thing i would have to do is get kraton sway bars and it would be a little more “planted” when cornering but i like the lose feeling that slides through a turn and is easier to control in the process. my kraton still dwarfs it though.
31FD24BF-CD1D-45A0-AA80-BFB5B755D007.jpeg
5C5E4927-44E7-410C-B31A-AAD2E13E33D4.jpeg
E10EEB4D-473C-49C6-B290-1A5D48D1C702.jpeg
2AD490A3-796B-40F6-AEA8-06597B968FA3.jpeg

I have both the truggified typhon and an Outcast. Probably run the outcast more especially running the Backflip LP's. T Typhon is very tuff with the shorter arms and less weight. I think I can stay straighter at speed on a bumpy run up with the Outcast. Also in the grass OC will win as it is higher keeping the bumper out of it. Buy a Typhon, truggify it, buy a set of oc arms and towers then you can try both...

my “truggified” typhon is fun, i did it with mine by mistake not realizing it. the stock low now much wider stance makes it handle very well, the already fast unit makes it a blast to thrash around in dirt, gravel, or pavement. only thing i would have to do is get kraton sway bars and it would be a little more “planted” when cornering but i like the lose feeling that slides through a turn and is easier to control in the process. my kraton still dwarfs it though. View attachment 66346View attachment 66347View attachment 66348View attachment 66349
I’m pretty sure this is a hybrid not a truggified. Mine is truggified Duperbash way u don’t change the arms from what I understood

image.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back