Typhon Optional High Speed Gearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmkkings

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave
  5. Vendetta
Anybody out there had any overheating issues with there Typhon 6s BLX V5 running the optional high Speed gearing while bashing?

You're not supposed to bash with the optional speed pinion. You also need to monitor your temps with a heat gun.
Ok how fast will I achieve with the 16 tooth
Let me rephrase my original statement, I guess not really bashing but just driven around on a hard surface. I am not trying to do Speed runs but in the same sense not trying to go 40mph either u no what I mean!

Let me rephrase my original statement, I guess not really bashing but just driven around on a hard surface. I am not trying to do Speed runs but in the same sense not trying to go 40mph either u no what I mean!
I hit 67 on an 18t pinion. That was on a high school track on the 110m hurdle side, starting at the starting line and having to get it shut down before the corner or i'd hit a fence :ROFLMAO:

Where I live its been cold outside so ive been doing some bashing with the speed gear...lots of fun! I only do short runs. Besides, if you break stuff it's a good excuse to upgrade....right!?

Yes even on the stock gearing motor gets HOT unless your putting around. I highly suggest a good high RPM fan or 2 on the motor and one for the ESC as stock fan doesn't help much at all and usually dies pretty quick.

^^^^^^ he is right @Dmkkings the Arrma stock fans are crap. I change them all.

I am not sure what electronic you are running but the gearing is important when it comes to heat. Tires as well etc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back