Outcast Orange Outcast in stock at Tower. Who's getting it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet!!
So is the body painted on the inside or outside? Ive been wondering because of the matte colour...
From what is see the body is a orange plastic doesn't look painted at all. The inside some of the white came off and it just looks like a orange plastic body that's not painted.

Yeah what's with the matte finish ?
The shell is definitely a orange resin not painted at all. The matte is just the color of the resin. I flipped on the road numerous times and it doesn't really scratch it that much

Attachments

• IMG_20170729_190011399_BURST001.jpg
    IMG_20170729_190011399_BURST001.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 59
The shell is definitely a orange resin not painted at all. The matte is just the color of the resin. I flipped on the road numerous times and it doesn't really scratch it that much
Thanks I'd be interested to c how the shell holds up to some abuse. Keep us updated. Cheers !!!

Cool.... Good way to make them since they'll end up in their roofs a fair bit :p
Thanks for letting us know :)

I just got my first outcast yesterday and chose the orange one. When it arrived from Tower I was a little disappointed in the orange. I do like the fact that the actual plastic is orange for durability purposes but I have to say it makes the body look a bit more "toy grade" to me than I like.

I got my orangecast in the post the other day....
Theres a few rub marks on the inside and i can see through the body so its just painted like normal and not orange plastic.

Maybe they did some different?

Weird. Post a pic if you can. My orange is definitely not painted and is orange plastic. In person the grey color is much better I think.

Weird. Post a pic if you can. My orange is definitely not painted and is orange plastic. In person the grey color is much better I think.
I'll have a look in the morning... I taped up the inside of the bodies last night and tonight so might not be visible now?
But yeah... Mines a painted clear body.
I ended up with a silver body too... Looks much nicer in person... Orange looks better in photos tho

Oh yeah, much different than mine. Mine looks like the color of an orange creamsicle popsicle color.

I got the orange one ordered and will be here today. After the fact I read that you can't use less than 35 c. So the batteries won't arive till tomorrow. Guess I'll be doing the pre run check list and pushing it around making power slide noises

be Are there really all these problems with the pinions. Does the mesh need adjusted before running the truck

Are there really alot of pinion problems with this rig. Does the mesh have to be adjusted before running.
I believe I saw a post or 5 about them being to tight in here somewhere. I believe the pre run check list stickyed to the outcast forums top of the page

All Arrma is doing is painting the inside of the shell. Then they add another few coats of white on top of that, from the inside
The decals are then placed on the exterior.
If you purchase a replacement shell, you'll paint it your own color also from the inside then apply the decals which come with the clear body replacement from Tower

Yes, like a normal body is done.
But beej said his was solid orange plastic... And ive seen a few others say the same so they may have done a run with different bodies?

And yes yes!! Check your mesh... Mine was too tight... But ive put a 14t on anyway.
Also not one of my screws that went into plastic under the chassis was tight.

Nice! Have an orange one in my garage currently! Roughed it up pretty good trying to nail a triple at the old BMX track up the road. Oh well! That's what they are for! It is an absolute BEAST though. Been to that track 3 times and put it through a beating. Only thing that has broken is the wing.

I do recommend you put some blue loctite on the gun nuts and you will want to put the hot racing pillowball nuts on after you lose a stock one.

Nice! Have an orange one in my garage currently! Roughed it up pretty good trying to nail a triple at the old BMX track up the road. Oh well! That's what they are for! It is an absolute BEAST though. Been to that track 3 times and put it through a beating. Only thing that has broken is the wing.

I do recommend you put some blue loctite on the gun nuts and you will want to put the hot racing pillowball nuts on after you lose a stock one.

HUB nuts. Autocorrect...

Ouch, that must hurt seeing it ready to bash and not being able to. I feel your pain. On the bright side, you're saving time and money by not replacing broken parts!
Can't wait to hear about your maiden run

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back