This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.


Active Member
Reaction score
Aurora, IL, USA
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
  2. Raider
This is my FURY, it started out as a Fury MEGA and has the following upgrades:

  • Traxxas Big-Bore Shock Kit (Slash Progressive Rate Springs) (Front's needed the lower ball mount swapped out with ARRMA originals, also has 5mm spacer inside to limit shock length to factory)
  • 50wt/650cst Oil in Front Shocks and 40wt/500cst Oil in Rear Shocks
  • Front shock tower brace
  • Dynamite Tazer 45A WP ESC (2S Lipos are pushing its limits)
  • Dynamite Tazer 3300Kv Brushless Motor w/heatsink
  • 22t pinion (stock 87t spur)
  • ARRMA Spur Cover with plug (for adjusting)
  • Proline body clips w/rubber pull tags
I started with the MEGA due to the low kit price ($139 at LHS) and put about another $180 into getting it close to 'BLS' level configuration.

I tend to be easy on it when running on 2S Lipos, the motor doesn't go over 100*F with the heatsink but the ESC gets quite warm. Motor has more power than I expected, rips the rears loose on pavement when I say GO :D

If/when I run into drivetrain problems I'll swap to the BLX configuration, but so far so good!


  • IMG_0387.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0383.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0384.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0385.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0386.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0388.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Nice, how are the Big Bore working for you compared to the stocks?

Much, much better! The stock shocks were also a tad, unpredictable. When I pulled them off originally to check on oil, I took the springs off and tested the action in hand and one shock was noticeably 'looser/softer' but not for a lack of oil. Anyways the stock shocks I re-oiled and moved over to the Raider, as the originals on the front had the top caps broken during bashing.

How on earth did you manage to get a heatsink mounted to the motor?

There is 'just' - and I mean 'just' enough of a gap surrounding the motor can that the Bastens aluminum side mount heatsink can fit with the motor installed. Since I didn't have the BLX gearbox or the ARRMA aluminum motor mount, and with the motor tucked in pretty good I wanted to give the heatsink a try. I realize that using it on an anodized motor can provides less-than-ideal transfer, but in my experience any metal-on-metal contact helps dissipate heat considerably. It is not so much a factor of how much metal-to-metal contact there is, but more a factor of how much surface area the heatsink provides (i.e. when I worked with electronics a while ago a paperclip was a better heatsink then using a penny for example)

I had to clip the heatsink on with the motor out, then move it a couple times to get it so that it was placed well while the motor was installed (not rubbing on anything, etc.)
I beat the daylights out of the fury today, and I have to say the big-bores with the traxxas slash springs worked perfect! Even though the ride height was up near the end of the shocks, I had no handling problems at all. Took some massive air a good 5-8 feet up off skate park and landed solid without an issue :D
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.