Typhon OrangeDRAGON's TYPHON

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Modifications:
[/QUOTE]
Hi, i'm just getting started with my Typhon so looking at the mods above. In terms of importance do the roll bars and oils improve ride/ speed/ reliability noticeably out of the box? I have already ordered springs and 45 & 60wt shock oil but was having the heavier in the rear, you look to have it the opposite way around? Will the oil I have ordered still be too soft as i'm not happy with it currently for pavement and dirt running and jumping?

Cheers

Hi, i'm just getting started with my Typhon so looking at the mods above. In terms of importance do the roll bars and oils improve ride/ speed/ reliability noticeably out of the box? I have already ordered springs and 45 & 60wt shock oil but was having the heavier in the rear, you look to have it the opposite way around? Will the oil I have ordered still be too soft as i'm not happy with it currently for pavement and dirt running and jumping?

Cheers

The front suspension takes more of a beating, and the geometry of the front allows for 'less' travel-per-impact-force than the rear - which means to balance the suspension between the front and rear you'll want the front to have thicker/stiffer oil - this is also how it is setup from the factory.

The anti-roll bars make the Typhon 'less' forgiving, its easier to loose control (on pavement mostly) - but if you learn the limits I'm able to stick tighter and faster turns with this setup. I'm probably going to swap back to the original, at least on the rear anti-roll bar.

The oil makes a big difference with bumpy terrain, so the oil and springs have to both compliment each other as well as the intended terrain - stiffer/thicker oil and the wheels float more over bumpy ground (compared to stock oil) but handling on pavement or packed dirt is better for me. Generally if you use thicker shock oil, use springs with increased spring rate - and vice versa. The stock setup is very forgiving in most conditions, especially for a new driver, but is way too weak for jumps and hard driving.

Take a look at this PDF, around pages 19-20 as it gives you a good overview on how tuning things affects driving - http://www.arrma-rc.com/pdf/manuals/380037.pdf
(For reference, I've attached Page 20 to this post)
Page-20.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back