Vorteks Order in! Now The Wait…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
I was going to get a big rock for Father’s Day…but Amazon threw us a $250 gift certificate. They don’t sell the Big Rock on Amazon but they do sell vorteks, and this car has tempted me since it came out. Should be here by the 21st, yay. My 1st true 3s car (Got all the parts for upgrading my granite to 3s but haven’t done it yet. I have converted a voltage to brushless but it’s only 2s).

Car was chosen by me. Color was chosen by my wife and stepdaughter 🙂

B7E62120-FF8F-4B67-A1A4-59B6B083B0AF.png

What, how the hell you get $250 from Amazon!??? I spend quite a bit on there often and haven't even got a $10 gift certificate ☹️ hopefully you like the rig I personally would have went Bigrock but that's just me, I also don't like the look of the Vorteks at all and prefer big sends and having ground clearance. Anyways congrats on the first true 3s rig and hopefully you'll get it soon. Let us know when it arrives and how the first run goes 👍

What, how the hell you get $250 from Amazon!??? I spend quite a bit on there often and haven't even got a $10 gift certificate ☹️ hopefully you like the rig I personally would have went Bigrock but that's just me, I also don't like the look of the Vorteks at all and prefer big sends and having ground clearance. Anyways congrats on the first true 3s rig and hopefully you'll get it soon. Let us know when it arrives and how the first run goes 👍
🤫 we have our ways lol

Actually…no idea. I had just told my wife last weekend to put the big rock on hold for this year. Chemo is just taking too much out of us right now. So it was very nice to receive this.

I think this car will work great for me (kinda like speed) and I can still get a big rock next year. I’ll have my granite upgraded over the next month and it will suffice for jumping and rough terrain.

I was going to get a big rock for Father’s Day…but Amazon threw us a $250 gift certificate. They don’t sell the Big Rock on Amazon but they do sell vorteks, and this car has tempted me since it came out. Should be here by the 21st, yay. My 1st true 3s car (Got all the parts for upgrading my granite to 3s but haven’t done it yet. I have converted a voltage to brushless but it’s only 2s).

Car was chosen by me. Color was chosen by my wife and stepdaughter 🙂

View attachment 151416
I actually just got a Vorteks in the same color! I beefed the hell out of my Big Rock. Got this one for my 2 year old because she likes watching and laughing at all the crazy stuff I do. Gonna be a speed machine in the future!

🤫 we have our ways lol

Actually…no idea. I had just told my wife last weekend to put the big rock on hold for this year. Chemo is just taking too much out of us right now. So it was very nice to receive this.

I think this car will work great for me (kinda like speed) and I can still get a big rock next year. I’ll have my granite upgraded over the next month and it will suffice for jumping and rough terrain.
🤔 Last month Amazon Sent us a new Voltage that we didn’t order (like 3 days after my wife’s diagnosis). We had already bought two at the beginning of the year. We called Amazon on it but they said to keep it. No reason just keep it. So I am turning that one into a pink jeep for my 8 year old stepdaughter.

We’re going through a lot of stuff this year. If somebody out there’s not being nice (doesn’t look like it though), then life (via Amazon) is throwing us some schwag to keep our hopes up (who knew God used Amazon wow).
I actually just got a Vorteks in the same color! I beefed the hell out of my Big Rock. Got this one for my 2 year old because she likes watching and laughing at all the crazy stuff I do. Gonna be a speed machine in the future!
Yup, its so much better when kids are involved…Even better when it’s the whole family 😁

That's awesome man as God only knows anything and everything helps during rough times like you guys are going through. My step mother has been battling the last year from first loosing a kidney to now finally chemo only once a month instead of weekly. Pray your wife gets better and things for you guys get a whole lot better bro 👊😍

That's awesome man as God only knows anything and everything helps during rough times like you guys are going through. My step mother has been battling the last year from first loosing a kidney to now finally chemo only once a month instead of weekly. Pray your wife gets better and things for you guys get a whole lot better bro 👊😍
Thanks man. We caught it in time it seems. She just finished her second chemo yesterday. It beats the living hell out of her but is working. Earlier this week we shaved off the rest of her hair as she was beginning to look like golem (her words 🤣) so she is rocking the cancer look right now.

Got a good rip with the Vorteks again yesterday evening. Both the Kraton and the Granite broke early, so we finished the packs using the Vorteks. I love this little truck. It is an amazing drifting machine on hard packed surfaces.

As mentioned in other threads, make sure to go over the truck before driving it. Mine had a few assembly issues out of the box (gear mesh, shocks low on fluid, etc.)

Have fun! :)

@Velodromed congrats on the new purchase. I've been eyeing the Vorteks myself and I have no problem admitting I'm loving the purple color as well.

Be sure to keep us updated on your thoughts about the new Arrma Vorteks once you get it.
My step daughter calls it purple pink, which are her favorite colors. I would’ve probably gotten a green one but since this is a family thing we all vote and the purple won.

yup I will. I am excited about this car. Just seems like it would a swooping swerving fast fun kinda drive.
Got a good rip with the Vorteks again yesterday evening. Both the Kraton and the Granite broke early, so we finished the packs using the Vorteks. I love this little truck. It is an amazing drifting machine on hard packed surfaces.

As mentioned in other threads, make sure to go over the truck before driving it. Mine had a few assembly issues out of the box (gear mesh, shocks low on fluid, etc.)

Have fun! :)
Yes sir!! I am going to disassemble and check everything lol. For me that is as much fun as driving the things.
That is great to hear, I love drifting!

When you said color was chosen by wife and stepdaughter, knew it had to be the pink purple. 😁 Vorteks compliment the BR IMO. You will probably end up with both, I'm still blown away with what the BR will take.

FYI, since it's geared pretty high and its a great truck to run at full throttle on smooth surfaces, I consider a high-power motor fan to be a sensible upgrade for the Vorteks. Not mandatory, but an upgrade worth considering IMO. I use a KC-RC 40mm 18000rpm fan powered from the 3S battery balance lead on mine.

A high power fan like that just provides the peace of mind to run packs back-to-back without worrying about cooking your motor. :)

When you said color was chosen by wife and stepdaughter, knew it had to be the pink purple. 😁 Vorteks compliment the BR IMO. You will probably end up with both, I'm still blown away with what the BR will take.
Yeah… I want a BR. Love the blue body, So I’d probably make my own shell using country blue. But that’s next year. If they had the big rock on Amazon I would’ve gotten it. Then I would’ve gotten a Vorteks next year. Either way I end up at the same location 😂
FYI, since it's geared pretty high and its a great truck to run at full throttle on smooth surfaces, I consider a high-power motor fan to be a sensible upgrade for the Vorteks. Not mandatory, but an upgrade worth considering IMO. I use a KC-RC 40mm 18000rpm fan powered from the 3S battery balance lead on mine.

A high power fan like that just provides the peace of mind to run packs back-to-back without worrying about cooking your motor. :)
I live in Central Texas so I am always temperature conscious. Having the brushed 4 x 4 make a granite made me learn a lot about cooling lol. I like the Apex 40 mm fans they have a high rpm and the blade pitch seems to pull more air than normal. I also like the rocket fans especially now that they come in 35mm.

I just recalled that I have one of these in my parts drawer. Result of late night 3rd beer browsing on the forum. Somebody said ‘get one of these!!’ and posted a link (damn you)… So I did 🤪 it looks very nice though, I’ll probably try it on the vortex.

Attachments

• AF66E99C-D5ED-4840-96C7-6ACB5B39B565.png
    AF66E99C-D5ED-4840-96C7-6ACB5B39B565.png
    376.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I love my Vorteks and my Big Rock so you're definitely heading down the right road.

And when I bash, which is almost everyday, there's something about the way the Vorteks drives that makes me drive it the most. My Big Rock has a couple of upgrades that make it a super sweet truck but it still plays 2nd fiddle to the Vorteks 🤔

Glad your wife is beating the big C. A tough one that. Prayers with you brother.

Yeah… I want a BR. Love the blue body, So I’d probably make my own shell using country blue. But that’s next year. If they had the big rock on Amazon I would’ve gotten it. Then I would’ve gotten a Vorteks next year. Either way I end up at the same location 😂

I live in Central Texas so I am always temperature conscious. Having the brushed 4 x 4 make a granite made me learn a lot about cooling lol. I like the Apex 40 mm fans they have a high rpm and the blade pitch seems to pull more air than normal. I also like the rocket fans especially now that they come in 35mm.

I just recalled that I have one of these in my parts drawer. Result of late night 3rd beer browsing on the forum. Somebody said ‘get one of these!!’ and posted a link (damn you)… So I did 🤪 it looks very nice though, I’ll probably try it on the vortex.
I have a few of these fans, one on each of my motors and they move a lot of air. But I also have the BEC on the ESC turned up to 7.4v so they spin faster than normal.

I have a few of these fans, one on each of my motors and they move a lot of air. But I also have the BEC on the ESC turned up to 7.4v so they spin faster than normal.
I’ll need to learn how to do that building the granite. Looking at a 35kg servo that needs 6.9v. Wife says a capacitor would help, explained said capacitors function… so I looked it up and found this big guy.

49B89EC5-9A76-4C03-A9D6-F5B0056286E8.png

I don't think that will raise the voltage output of the BEC. That just stores power for when you need that first power boost. The BEC voltage is raised thru the ESC programming. Some ESCs have an adjustable BEC and some don't. Most RTR ESCs do not have an adjustable BEC, but I think on the Vorteks you can upgrade the stock Firmware and the new FW has an adjustable BEC.

I don't think that will raise the voltage output of the BEC. That just stores power for when you need that first power boost. The BEC voltage is raised thru the ESC programming. Some ESCs have an adjustable BEC and some don't. Most RTR ESCs do not have an adjustable BEC, but I think on the Vorteks you can upgrade the stock Firmware and the new FW has an adjustable BEC.
Thanks man! I picked one up because they’re cheap and I’m curious. I showed my wife and she explained the concept behind a capacitor and what it does it and all (from a non-rc view of course).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back