Notorious Ordered a new 6s notorious v5, I have some questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spence

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi guys, I just ordered a new 6s v5 notorious, and I have a few questions. Well after more reading I figured out how to solve the new style servo saver issues.

Mainly about the diffs, are the stock diff pins really weak? I've been doing a lot of reading on this forum, but I've become lost in all sea's of posts about the issues with the diff pins and how to fix them. I just ordered a set of MUGE0237 diff pins. I never remember blowing pins on my 6s kraton v2 rtr and I beat the crap out of it for like 6 years :D

I'm worried this is going to be a constant issue as I do plan to drive the truck very hard and bash it, thats why I bought it lol..

Or would It be wiser to get some exb diffs instead? Or I could likely interchange just the cups and the pins? The pins appear to be bigger... Stock is like a 2.2mm, the exb is like a 2.5mm. Or maybe I could drill the cups so the exb pins would fit..

Thanks
-Spence

Last edited:
I've broken a few of the pins behind the planetary gears but not that the satellites sit on. It doesn't happen that often and I just use it as an excuse to service the diff.

Hi guys, I just ordered a new 6s v5 notorious, and I have a few questions. Well after more reading I figured out how to solve the new style servo saver issues.

Mainly about the diffs, are the stock diff pins really weak? I've been doing a lot of reading on this forum, but I've become lost in all sea's of posts about the issues with the diff pins and how to fix them. I just ordered a set of MUGE0237 diff pins. I never remember blowing pins on my 6s kraton v2 rtr and I beat the crap out of it for like 6 years :D

I'm worried this is going to be a constant issue as I do plan to drive the truck very hard and bash it, thats why I bought it lol..

Or would It be wiser to get some exb diffs instead? Or I could likely interchange just the cups and the pins? The pins appear to be bigger... Stock is like a 2.2mm, the exb is like a 2.5mm. Or maybe I could drill the cups so the exb pins would fit..

Thanks
-Spence
I found a broken pin once after driving the thing for 6 months hard when I first got it. (V4) I haven't had that problem. I do have a new set of EXB diffs and housings sitting here to go into my Notorious because I put a really big motor in it with a big pinion and destroyed the ring and pinion on both the front and rear diff in about 5 minutes. Ooops. :D With stock motor and gearing I would not have had a problem.

I heard about this problem but haven't experienced it myself yet. Plus I run mainly on 4s with the bigger 16t pinion so that has to be easier on the diffs. Still stunts and wheelies like crazy. I broke the wheelie bar that's all so far.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back