Ordered a Typhon BLX and now in search of a new Radio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arctic_Guzzie

Reaction score
Just purchased a Typhon BLX for my son and everything i read it says to upgrade the radio. He saved his money to buy the Typhon but i have no issue getting him a new radio, been looking on line but have no idea what is good. Budget is around $200 cdn and i would rather support a hobby store before venturing to Amazon or Ebay.

I'm in Yellowknife Canada if that makes a difference

Also I read that the servo should get replaced, Is this something that I should be looking at doing sooner that later?

The stock servo is not great, but it's usable - maybe more so on something like a Typhon. You can always pick up a better one to have on hand if you find the stock to be lacking, or whenever it dies.

This is a popular inexpensive servo: https://www.banggood.com/DSSERVO-DS...l?akmClientCountry=America&&cur_warehouse=USA

As far as radio you don't need to spend anything close to $200 for a decent radio. The more expensive ones are mostly useful if you want to run multiple cars with one radio.

The DumboRC radios are cheap and well regarded: https://www.banggood.com/DumboRC-X4...-p-1469871.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

There are a lot of choices for both, number of threads on both topics.

Spekteum Dx5c is nice about $150 w/ reciever and $100 without, you have a spektrum reciever
I own typhon6, tekno eb410 and eb48.3 all remotes are bind to this one controller with a sr515 5ch@$60 but they do have others but I choose it cause it was better and signal is good

I have the Flysky FS-GT3c and like it. Not too expensive (like 50-60 bucks), Lcd screen (very basic though) decent range, individual channel endpoint adjustment along with dual rate, 3 channels, internal lipo battery with micro USB charge port on the radio, 10 model memory, and their receivers are cheap. They can also be hacked to make them support I think up to 6 channels and easily modded to be left handed as well.

If you want to step it up a notch then the Flysky GT5 would be another budget solid choice. Lcd screen, 6 channels, 20 model memory, telemetry capable, crawler mode features, supports multiple models of flysky receivers such as ones with gyro for better handling and telemetry enabled ones, and normal basic ones.

If you want a solid budget friendly choice that gets the job done then the 4 or 6 channel DumboRC transmitters are great. They don't have model memory but can bind unlimited amount of receivers (just don't have more than 1 bound vehicle turned on at the same time). They are very low latency and tested to have one of the longest ranges there is. The cons are it's cheap so it feels kinda cheap and everything is very basic, and without model memory you'll have to adjust trim levels each time you switch cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back