Infraction Ordered ... and still waiting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I established a great relationship with my LHS. I try to buy as much as I can from them even it it means more money. That loyalty paid off when I became their first customer to get an Infraction. It sucks waiting and some people don't even have a local hobby shop anywhere near them. But if you do, and they aren't compete d!cks, it's worth becoming a valued customer ???

I established a great relationship with my LHS. I try to buy as much as I can from them even it it means more money. That loyalty paid off when I became their first customer to get an Infraction. It sucks waiting and some people don't even have a local hobby shop anywhere near them. But if you do, and they aren't compete d!cks, it's worth becoming a valued customer ???
I wish I had a reliable shop that still cared. There is one which had one in stock but when I went to buy it went missing. It was sold but the person I talked to on the phone thought it was still at the store. They are due in latter this month. My other shop is in a place on the map that I just hate driving to. Not that far but you cant get there from here.

I wish I had a reliable shop that still cared. There is one which had one in stock but when I went to buy it went missing. It was sold but the person I talked to on the phone thought it was still at the store. They are due in latter this month. My other shop is in a place on the map that I just hate driving to. Not that far but you cant get there from here.
I couldn't be happier with www.danburyhobby.com. These guys love what they do. When I first walked in a year ago they didn't carry a single Arrma truck. Through my constant pestering they now carry the full 6s and 4s line. I'm still working on the 3s trucks ?

I have a reliable shop (since 1998) - the problem was the distributor messed up the order and because of that, we're still waiting.

Btw, if I could like your post a million times, I would.

PSA: If you have a LHS that carries (or can quickly get) the vehicles and parts you want or need and has good service, bring them business - and keep bringing them business. Without our patronage, these stores will close, like so many that have already. Without stores, we have little options.

Last edited:
If mine carried Arrma or ever had the few parts I needed for my 2 Traxxas vehicles I would probably go there more. I let them ordered me parts once, they said they would call me when they came in, that was 3 years ago and I'm still waiting for my phone call................

My LHS has been great since they dropped the Traxxas sponsorship. I even seen that 1/8 doubleE crawler from Banggood in there yesterday. It made me do a double take. They only marked it up $10. I would have walked out of there with it if I didn't have it already. The only crawler it didn't make look like a toy was the 1/5 Redcat. About 1/3 of their parts wall is Arrma now & they surprised me with the metal diff cases & 1/5 motor mount slide piece. They also had tons of Hoons but no Infractions :mad:

There’s one sitting in my LHS the boys opened up and nearly took off the plastic, till I said leave it. tempted as I may be I need more off-road and have hope that something big will be coming to take the Nero’s place. But dam it’s nice if I’m going to accidentally buy it, it will be in next 5 days haha.

Would like to have one but still hard to get. Won't pay over MSRP anyway. When all the dust settles and parts become available (tires mostly) then I'll probably pull the trigger. Not a priority anymore.

There’s one sitting in my LHS the boys opened up and nearly took off the plastic, till I said leave it. tempted as I may be I need more off-road and have hope that something big will be coming to take the Nero’s place. But dam it’s nice if I’m going to accidentally buy it, it will be in next 5 days haha.
You at least have one available if you wanted it. I've already ordered and am still waiting.

You at least have one available if you wanted it. I've already ordered and am still waiting.
Same here. They DID have a Senton 6s there with Hoons & a green Nova body. Looked pretty damn good. It might be easier buying it instead of rebuilding my Senton that I raided for a custom build. I would hold off on everything if I knew that Arrma was definitely pumping out a large scale. It might end up as the impulse buy of the year just like mt DBXL-e.

My closest LHS became a Traxxas Fanboy shop. Used to be an awesome shop 10 + years ago. Even had an indoor carpet track. Now that track is storage for Traxxas inventory. The owner showed me, when I asked about the old carpet track. I refuse to even buy paint there anymore. But I do stop in to break shoes and always ask for Arrma and other stuff I know they don't have. He seems afraid to carry Arrma and Axial stuff. His client base is now all Traxxas. So I guess that works for him. Hey its his store, who am I ?
But you are right, developing a good relationship with a LHS has an advantage or you succumb to the online drill...(y)
I developed the patience to wait for the Limitless. I've become comfortable with that. My son is starting school in a few weeks . Need the cash for that right now. Supplies and clothes etc.:)

Last edited:
If mine carried Arrma or ever had the few parts I needed for my 2 Traxxas vehicles I would probably go there more. I let them ordered me parts once, they said they would call me when they came in, that was 3 years ago and I'm still waiting for my phone call................
You should come to my Traxxas Only LHS. He has every single part that TRX ever made.:LOL: He is even trained in Traxxas High Pressure Marketing. He sounds like a TRX Mascot Parrot on caffeine. You would love this guy. You could trade TRX war stories.:LOL:
He attended the TRX University at McKinney in Texas. He is going for his PhD now. His thesis is called "Traxxas World Dominance":geek:

Last edited:
My closest LHS became a Traxxas Fanboy shop. Used to be an awesome shop 10 + years ago. Even had an indoor carpet track. Now that track is storage for Traxxas inventory. The owner showed me, when I asked about the old carpet track. I refuse to even buy paint there anymore. But I do stop in to break shoes and always ask for Arrma and other stuff I know they don't have. He seems afraid to carry Arrma and Axial stuff. His client base is now all Traxxas. So I guess that works for him. Hey its his store, who am I ?
But you are right, developing a good relationship with a LHS has an advantage or you succumb to the online drill...(y)
I developed the patience to wait for the Limitless. I've become comfortable with that. My son is starting school in a few weeks . Need the cash for that right now. Supplies and clothes etc.:)
He's been brainwashed and afraid to stock anything else but TRX. Paranoid of a TRX spy and having his inventory revoked. Losing his TRX banners and customer base and getting sued!

He is probably too knee deep with TRX inventory. TRX has tried to do this with a lot of well known failing LHS's.
I will say that most of his business are older suit and tie well heeled people coming in with their TRX rigs for repair. Every time I go there, there are several people bringing TRX rigs that need the stupidest repairs. This LHS is in an affluent area of Long Island, NY. They just drop off and pick up. It's amazing. From TRX4 Crawlers to UDR's, X-maxxes, Slashes etc. He makes money providing the service of repairing Traxxas rigs. He has a line of people at one side of the shop for just that service. It's like a scale automotive repair shop. He does tune-ups, cleaning. I find it hilarious. These customers haven't a clue just listening to them. Educated successful guys.
Are his clients even RC Hobbyists? I wonder. Maybe its just a status thing for them. Owning a Traxxas RC like its a Lambo or Bently or something. Fridays are the busiest days for repairs. I never saw any LHS do the amount of repair business this guy does.
I never in my life ever had to rely on a LHS to repair any of my rigs. Traxxas is treating this guy right I guess?
I feel so out of place when I go there. Yet I will stop by when passing that neck of the woods for a goof.
The owner knows I spent much time at his track years past. He knows I am not his average cust. any longer. He admits that.
I cant fault the owner at all. He is keeping his LHS afloat. His LHS has been there for more than 50 years. They have a second floor for trains planes and slot cars. Trains seem to be the biggest lucrative segment of the Hobby Industry. He is well known for Trains. But the Traxxas floor is booming.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I couldn't be happier with www.danburyhobby.com. These guys love what they do. When I first walked in a year ago they didn't carry a single Arrma truck. Through my constant pestering they now carry the full 6s and 4s line. I'm still working on the 3s trucks ?
Sounds like you need to partner up with him and be the official store for the Forum!

Called a few shops further away on my lunch break today. Zippo...
We drive through Danbury on the way to Maine for vacation. Next time I will stop in, looks like a great shop.
jim

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back