Infraction Ordered ... and still waiting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is probably too knee deep with TRX inventory. TRX has tried to do this with a lot of well known failing LHS's.
I will say that most of his business are older suit and tie well heeled people coming in with their TRX rigs for repair. Every time I go there, there are several people bringing TRX rigs that need the stupidest repairs. This LHS is in an affluent area of Long Island, NY. They just drop off and pick up. It's amazing. From TRX4 Crawlers to UDR's, X-maxxes, Slashes etc. He makes money providing the service of repairing Traxxas rigs. He has a line of people at one side of the shop for just that service. It's like a scale automotive repair shop. He does tune-ups, cleaning. I find it hilarious. These customers haven't a clue just listening to them. Educated successful guys.
Are his clients even RC Hobbyists? I wonder. Maybe its just a status thing for them. Owning a Traxxas RC like its a Lambo or Bently or something. Fridays are the busiest days for repairs. I never saw any LHS do the amount of repair business this guy does.
I never in my life ever had to rely on a LHS to repair any of my rigs. Traxxas is treating this guy right I guess?
I feel so out of place when I go there. Yet I will stop by when passing that neck of the woods for a goof.
The owner knows I spent much time at his track years past. He knows I am not his average cust. any longer. He admits that.
I cant fault the owner at all. He is keeping his LHS afloat. His LHS has been there for more than 50 years. They have a second floor for trains planes and slot cars. Trains seem to be the biggest lucrative segment of the Hobby Industry. He is well known for Trains. But the Traxxas floor is booming.:rolleyes:
I don't blame him one bit, he's making his money and knows how to do it. I remember going to one of my LHSs years back and they fixed peoples rigs, mostly nitro back then.

They made good money doing just that. Cars lined up to be fixed. Sometimes customers had to wait awhile to get them back. One of our bash group buddies had 30+ cars, never knew how to wrench and would bring all his rigs to the shop to be fixed. It could be something so simple and would bring it in. When I first knew him he couldn't change a glow plug.

I'm pretty sure - the only one in Maryland!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back