Organizing my spare parts, might build an RC... (Outcast build)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry-rigged

Have you seen my LVC?
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
Lacking any projects, I decided to organize my spare parts collection. Quickly I realized I may be able to build another 6s rc... lol. I think I will need a center diff and a set of shocks. I may have everything else... we'll see how it goes.

Step one was sorting all my spare screws. The only building I did was to screw the shock towers to the bulkheads...

This thread is sponsored in part by Jenny's RC and LUMIDAVE35. Not really, I did pay for all this... lol

20190719_211610.jpg

Last edited:
I had enough parts to put together a Granite Mega but I decided to offer up the parts to someone in need instead. Now if those parts built a Kraton 6S, my goodwill doesn’t stretch that far ????

Typhon hubs, Kraton arms, Talion tower, spiral diff, Senton chassis.

Hybrid? Lol.

Stopped, need bearings. I am reusing my V1 typhon hubs, and one of the hubs had both bearings locked. I have spare bearings, somewhere... lol

Attachments

• 20190720_212952.jpg
    20190720_212952.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 87
That would turn out interesting, tell us what comes out.

I built a car from spare parts once - basically a "free" car!
Then i found out i need to re-stock on most of the parts, and to account for another car as well :)

That would turn out interesting, tell us what comes out.

I built a car from spare parts once - basically a "free" car!
Then i found out i need to re-stock on most of the parts, and to account for another car as well :)
It is a never ending cycle of win.

Oh, and it appears I have lost my bearings...

Attachments

• 15637402711955967779527558657957.jpg
    15637402711955967779527558657957.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 97
Never mind, found them. They were on the workbench from my second pic. Onward through the fog!

But, a new problem. Look at these dog bones. With the arm exactly horizontal, the pin is right at the edge of the cup. No real adjustment for this. Did I do something wrong here? I do not think that is the wrong dog bone. LOL. I did check my son's kraton, and it does not have this issue.

Attachments

• 15637412315106522703622383727333.jpg
    15637412315106522703622383727333.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 98
Weird, hard to see from the photo, could be the camber is way off? Could be because you mounted the camber link on the inner hole of the hub? on my Talion it's mounted on the outer hole.
That is probably it. I used the outer hole for the other side and it looks much better.

Tonight's progress. Still have a few things to bolt on, and found a few things I need to buy. Shopping list so far, add the sway bar diff covers to the list of center diff, shocks, electronics, body.

20190723_211216.jpg

Attachments

• 20190723_211216.jpg
    20190723_211216.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 64
Did a bit more to the spare parts truck. Added the steering link turnbuckles. Didn't have a new set, but had some old ones with worn out plastic ends. Also had several sets of new end links, so I got to spend a few minutes building turnbuckles. Probably my least favorite activity and all of RC. LOL

Also modified some body mounts. These were from a Senton, but a bit of chopping and creative thinking and I got them to work with the talion shock Towers.

Also got the Talion shocks and Center diff ordered. Those should be here in about a week. Once those get installed, the truck should be mechanically complete. No extra Power Systems, though. Going to need to buy a motor ESC and servo.

20190727_134653.jpg

Had to throw some tires and a body on it... ?

20190727_135700.jpg

Last edited:
Snagged a MMX off the book face page. Now need to start planning on a motor. Blx185? Ir RCjuice 4082/2000kv? Or 4092/1750? Choices choices...

Also gotta pick a servo. I think I have about $25 Banggood bucks, so I may look for a JX.

Got the truck finished late last night. Got excited, threw in a 4s, and ran it up and down my street as a shake down. 3 or 4 passes later, both left side tires fell off...?? I quickly remembered I just mounted those tires for that pic above, the wheel nuts where hand tight. Of course, one of the Dakars now has a stripped hex... grrr.

Got the truck finished late last night. Got excited, threw in a 4s, and ran it up and down my street as a shake down. 3 or 4 passes later, both left side tires fell off...?? I quickly remembered I just mounted those tires for that pic above, the wheel nuts where hand tight. Of course, one of the Dakars now has a stripped hex... grrr.
That stinks! I have done the same before...
Those black wheel nuts seem to magically disappear in those scenarios

I got by my local hobby shop to look for a replacement set of tires. They did not have any of the dakar's, but they had a lot of the backflips , so I brought home a set. Once I got home, however, I realized the backflips would not work. My spare parts truck has the narrow hubs on it , so the front tires hit the bumper, and the back tires hit the Hub. I have the spare parts to make the front end wide, using some V1 wide hexes, but nothing for the rear. Off to jrc to order some more wide hubs and hexes. LOL

So I got the wide hubs installed. Went bashing, and found one of my steering links would not stay connected for more than one half throttle pull. Maybe I rebuild it with a used part? (See post 13). Well, an excuse to but some v4 never-pop links. Got them installed, but now, rainy season. Boo.

Pic from the aborted bash, with my Siren.
Screenshot_20190928-084214_Video Player.jpg

I am really starting to think this truck is cursed. Run one ended 30 seconds in with wheel nuts falling off. Run two ended 45 seconds in due to rod ends popping off. Today was Run 3. Lasted about 20 seconds, and I lost a wheel nut. Yes, I did check all the wheel nuts beforehand and they were as tight as you could get them with the T wrench...

Today's bill, 1 brand new Backflip, stripped. Lost the drive pin, lost wheel nut. Thankfully the hex was laying in the grass right next to the truck.

Grrr...

20191014_115221.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back