Original dboots tire foam issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you vented your tyres? Are the original holes in the rims covered?

If not, look up how to vent your tyres, this is really important if you ever run through water(wet grass) and is helpful if you run in dusty conditions.

What can happen is water or debris get into the wheel and cause the foams to malform, causing the balance issue, if you drive flat out like that or jump with the tyres spinning fast the foam will break out through the rubber and destroy your tyres. If it feels like the foam is bunched up on one side then it is probably torn and will cause a failure. You may be able to massage it back into the right place.

Good luck with that. You could try and unglue your tire and straighten it out.
Oven to 375, turn it off and place your tire in on some alu foil. 10 min should be enough. Try breaking the bead but use gloves,it's hot.
Don't leave the oven on.Look it up on Youtube.

Last edited:
Good luck with that. You could try and unglue your tire and straighten it out.
Oven to 375, turn it off and place your tire in on some alu foil. 10 min should enough. Try breaking the bead but use gloves,it's hot.
Don't leave the oven on.Look it up on Youtube.
new wheels and tyres they should sell inserts but don't. even when you vent them it still happens
Hi all,

Tody after 4 packs of high speed bashing i noticed one of the rear tires causing massive vibrations... it seems the foam in it is clogged in one "corner"...
Any ideas how to fix this?
the foams are crap for the price of the tires

Last edited:
Inner holes are covered, ventholes drilled, all wheel balanced.

Was driving in grass and gravel

Will try the massage trick but doesn't give that much odds..
That sucks man, I've only had foam fail after it's got wet, but it really is frustrating blowing a tyre, hope you can sort it out. Are your tyres new enough just to buy a set of two?

https://www.louiserc.eu/Pick-by-Car...ead-Style-Wheels-0-Offset-Hex-17mm-L-T3326BC/

The mft technology is great for controlling the ballooning, just make sure you keep an eye on your temps. These can be slightly heavier and larger so you may need to charge gear ratios. Above is just an example there is nothing specific about that wheel or tyre that in recommending apart from the mft. I run these in the bigger size on my 8s Kraton I love them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back