Original Talion Wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vetteman1000

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
So I have been running my Talion now for a little over a month. I ripped through the rubber on the factory tires but the wheels are basically in a like-new state. I was thinking I should remove the rubber and inserts and replace them with a paddle tire and insert since the snow will be heading our way soon. Not to mention paddle tires are great for running in the sand. I know I can use acetone to remove the rubber and all the glue from the rims, is anybody familiar with a paddle tire replacement that will fit directly on the original Talion rim?

I'm on this same topic as well with a bit of a different question. You mentioned you have been running yours for about a month and the wheel are like-new but the tires are worn. I picked up the Talion yesterday and after about 4-5 hours of hard running, 2 wheels are cracked and 2 are wheels have rounded out on the inside hex point. So now I'm torn between replacing with the same stock ones or do I look at different options. Anyone else run into this? Or did I just get really excited about the Talion and push it too hard?

I'm on this same topic as well with a bit of a different question. You mentioned you have been running yours for about a month and the wheel are like-new but the tires are worn. I picked up the Talion yesterday and after about 4-5 hours of hard running, 2 wheels are cracked and 2 are wheels have rounded out on the inside hex point. So now I'm torn between replacing with the same stock ones or do I look at different options. Anyone else run into this? Or did I just get really excited about the Talion and push it too hard?
My talion tires wore out fast but I run on the street a lot and didn't do any jumps with stock tires, so I never had any cracks. If you're bashing with jumps and stuff, I would suggest you get some backflip lp's over stock tires. You'll get much better air control too.

I have Badlands for off road, and Sweeps Racing for on road. I need paddles for the mud, snow, and sand, but I figured I can save some money using the original rims. Are you all suggesting I throw them out and get new paddles with rims already set?

I have Badlands for off road, and Sweeps Racing for on road. I need paddles for the mud, snow, and sand, but I figured I can save some money using the original rims. Are you all suggesting I throw them out and get new paddles with rims already set?
Cost wise there is very little in it against premounts. Only plus is it gives you something different.

My talion tires wore out fast but I run on the street a lot and didn't do any jumps with stock tires, so I never had any cracks. If you're bashing with jumps and stuff, I would suggest you get some backflip lp's over stock tires. You'll get much better air control too.
I'm pretty much on every surface. I run mine around my house, neighborhood and commons area which has grass, concrete, mulch beds, dirt and jumps. I got one of my neighbors into the RC world and he has a Granite and Infraction and he just built a jump that we used yesterday. I'll do some research on the Backflips but I know I've heard that a lot so guessing you are probably right with going that route.
Well good thing to know is I had no idea those are the tires on the Notorious. I will just take them off the Notorious and throw them on the Talion and see how I feel about them. I send my Notorious on some massive jumps and that thing have has held up very well and the amount of control in the air is crazy

Last edited:
I swapped out the wheels last night and tried out the Talion with the Backflips on it. Within the first 10 seconds I hated it. Those wheels are great but I feel they’re made for the Notorious or larger bodied RC’s. They made the Talion look bulky and gross plus it didn’t handle like it did with the stockers on it. Decision is made. Going with stock replacements with hopes they hold up better. I attached a few pictures of the damage

DA1DB85B-7299-4692-B1A1-81D3F51043F4.jpeg

4F5B11B3-71B0-46FC-890C-896DC58F5CF1.jpeg

3A09773C-9086-4F5D-A2F4-CDE06D4D5AD6.jpeg

What are the part numbers or specs for the sweeps and badlands. Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back