O'Ring of the pivot balls of My Outcast 6s goes out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sebcbien

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Typhon 6s
Hello everyone,
Small question,
I'm new owner of an ARRMA Truck, it's a 6s Outcast, latest model.
I have fun with it, but I lost one front A arm and when I tried to tight it down, the O'Ring of the Pivot balls keeps trying to "escape" when I thight down.
the ball is still loose and the orange O-ring is already out of the tread...
I tried to see how it was done on other pivot balls...and when i thight them down back.. the O-Ring goes out also ... WTF ???
Any help or advice needed please :)

Attachments

• 2019-11-24_00-30-38.jpg
    2019-11-24_00-30-38.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 169
I had similar problems with mine, they refused to go in straight and cross threaded... then the O rings did the same thing as yours.... maybe you damaged the threads a little like me?

I ended up buying some HR steering blocks and pivot ball cups.. problem solved.

Yup simple fix. Wet the o ring just water. Put it in like you are using a tap... turn it till it bunches up a little then back off.. turn it more till it bunches a little then back off. It will go in every time.

If you choose to upgrade the Hot Racing are great. M2C also offers a perfectly engineered solution but I haven't picked a set up yet.
I like my hr set. Fit perfectly and well designed

ok, yes treads are ok, it's the same for all the pivot balls and the car is new.
As for buying M2C... uhhh well, thanks, but no... uhh I'm in europe, shipping only cost an arm...
I know ARRMA are better stuffed with M2C parts but I bought it because it was supposed to be strong and "cheap", will not start to buy 300$+ of stuffs. it's 550€ here and I already paid 50€ to change the radio to a Tactic one and also changed the servo.
I'll try with water, I already tried till it bunches up a little then back off but with WD40 and also dried ... no luck, the pic is the better I was able to do.
Thanks !! :)
Will keep you updated.

ok, yes treads are ok, it's the same for all the pivot balls and the car is new.
As for buying M2C... uhhh well, thanks, but no... uhh I'm in europe, shipping only cost an arm...
I know ARRMA are better stuffed with M2C parts but I bought it because it was supposed to be strong and "cheap", will not start to buy 300$+ of stuffs.
I'll try with water, I already tried till it bunches up a little then back off but with WD40 and also dried ... no luck, the pic is the better I was able to do.
Will keep you updated.

Even in Europe, "cheap" still comes at a price.

I know ARRMA are better stuffed with M2C parts but I bought it because it was supposed to be strong and "cheap", will not start to buy 300$+ of stuffs.
Will keep you updated.
You can buy from @Badtouch The basher who is based in the UK and a M2C distributor

didn't know this address, thanks !

ok, just spent 1/2 hour on this, and well my conclusion for my first ARRMA repair is that this pivot Balls system s*cks, ... BY DESIGN :cautious: as it's unlocking by itself, then o-ring goes out, then after removing to clean it you have 33% chances to cross thread it...

If I have to buy those M2C and new streering hubs or the Hot Racing because I "cross threaded"... after a Tactic radio and metal servo ... it became less and less a "cheap" RC...

Here is how it happened: First I cleaned the o-ring with towel paper, then brake cleaner, then added water then cross threaded :rolleyes: and still no O-Ring in place..

I read this later on the M2C part description:
"The nuts are designed to allow you a very easy start to avoid cross threading. "

I'm not a fanboy of any brand, but come on Arrma... :rolleyes:

That said, what's the purpose of this O-Ring ? is it mandatory ?
thanks for all your help guy's

Last edited:

Yep, its not a very clever design. I think the O-rings main purpose is to create a friction fit to make it more snug to stop it backing out. PTFE tape will do the same job...

ok, just spent 1/2 hour on this, and well my conclusion for my first ARRMA repair is that this pivot Balls system s*cks, ... BY DESIGN :cautious: as it's unlocking by itself, then o-ring goes out, then after removing to clean it you have 33% chances to cross thread it...

If I have to buy those M2C and new streering hubs or the Hot Racing because I "cross threaded"... after a Tactic radio and metal servo ... it became less and less a "cheap" RC...

Here is how it happened: First I cleaned the o-ring with towel paper, then brake cleaner, then added water then cross threaded :rolleyes: and still no O-Ring in place..

I read this later on the M2C part description:
"The nuts are designed to allow you a very easy start to avoid cross threading. "

I'm not a fanboy of any brand, but come on Arrma... :rolleyes:

Why don’t you grease that o-ring, not clean it? ??‍♂️

tried greasing it before with grease, WD40, PTFE... the first attempt is with the O-Ring "greased"
In this thread they say to try with water, but I have to clean grease before, and just give a try before trying with water (you do not see it on the vid, but the last attempts where with the O-Ring and water)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back