OTB question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justatree

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
For the new arrma vehicles that come with a nimh battery, do they come with the esc set to nimh or lipo? Just want to make sure... but probably nimh right? if not how do I set it to nimh... to me the manual is a little bit confusing.

Hi

Mine was factory set for LiPo so I had to set it to NiMh. I have the BLX, what Arrma ESC do you have?

Hi

It's relatively easy to set. With your transmitter radio turned off all you have to do is press and hold the program button on the ESC's on & off switch when you turn the ESC to ON. When the ESC beeps let go of the program button and you will then hear one more beep . By default you are now ready to select the Battery Mode options. To do that press and hold the program button, you will here one long beep followed by 1, 2, or 3 sort beeps. If you hear only one beep Lipo mode is selected, if you hear 2 beeps NiMh mode is selected, if you hear 3 beeps No Cut-off (5v Min) mode is selected. If the ESC is on a setting that you do not want then all you have to do is push the program button, don't hold just push and it will cycle to the next option in the list, and when your at the option that you want to use all you have to do is press and hold the program button. After you have selected and set the option that you want to use the ESC automatically moves to the next category which would be Running Mode. You can also cycle threw each of the category's by just pushing the program button, don't hold just push and it will cycle to the next category. There are 6 category's, and there will be 1 beep for category 1, 2 beeps for category 2, and so on up to category 6. And to select a category all you have to do it press and hold the program button to enter that category. And if you want to exit the program mode just turn the ESC Off. Hi hope this helps you.

Last edited:
The blx esc will move the vehicle only a couple of feet before its LVC feature will shut it down if you run a nimh in lipo mode. Running a lipo in nimh mode won't be as obvious and has the potential to damage the lipo (improper LVC).

Id like to ask another question for you all, for the 2wd cars (my fury) the back wheels when spun (by hand) should move in the opposite direction (the other wheel) right? but both of mine move together at the same speed and idk what it is but I see the Slipper clutch (or i think it is???? lol) moving/ spinning... is that bad? When I test ran it today it seemed like it kept clicking or bouncing like a real car with a welded diff.... i don't think this is right...:confused:
@ajdragon

Last edited:
Hi

You have to turn the wheels very slowly to get them to spin in opposite directions. Also it sounds like you need to replace the washers inside of the diff gear. Mine started making that clicking sound to and it turned out to be one of the two washers had started to cone.

Hi

You have to turn the wheels very slowly to get them to spin in opposite directions. Also it sounds like you need to replace the washers inside of the diff gear. Mine started making that clicking sound to and it turned out to be one of the two washers had started to cone.
But mine just came out the box :mad::(

Hi

Well I drove my Arrma Raider XL only 5 times with the stock battery before I had to replace one of the washers in the diff gear.

I found out it wasn't the diff washer lol I'm such a noob :confused:

idk, the plastic things under the turn buckles? idk what it is called

So out the box I just got a new esc, installed, works, but when I start the car it flashes blue led a few times, and when I medium to full throttle it it says low voltage? (blue led again) and then the car goes into limp mode (half the power of stock power)
this is the stock esc btw.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back