Louisiana Our Skatepark in Hammond

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crimsonfancy

A guy that won't give up easily.
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Notorious
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
Here's what I have a mile from home. I've never been with my trucks and decided to take a real look today.
It's been rainy so no activity tonight. Seems to drain pretty well though.
Designed by Dreamland. I voted for this project years ago and know the councilman that brought it to the table very well. No motorized vehicles allowed but doubt I'll have trouble in the evening.
The graffiti is a damn shame but kids do stupid stuff when they aren't accountable.

Thread type
RC Track or Bash Spot
Type of Event
  1. Bashing
Amenities
  1. Bathrooms
Kids? Accountability? DREAM ON ! it’s good that the paint won’t mess up your run. Quick question. What store carries that much baby blue spray paint ! The ADD kid with blue fingers is the culprit.

No motorized vehicles. Bummer

I don't think I'll have any trouble unless we get a rookie. My old age and having grown up here allows me a little bit of stroke. ? Small towns have a few benefits but privacy (that I find I need more and more of) isn't one at all. ?
Kids? Accountability? DREAM ON ! it’s good that the paint won’t mess up your run. Quick question. What store carries that much baby blue spray paint ! The ADD kid with blue fingers is the culprit.

It looks like pool paint to me and I want to think that when they made repairs they painted over...but who knows? Maybe one day they'll paint it completely and start enforcing rules.
If they can come in and vandalize the surfaces this much, I'm sure I can get away with running my trucks in here. This will be my defense too if I get caught.

It can be argued that an 1/8th scale RC is not by definition a motorized (motor) vehicle and therefore is exempt from that rule simply from the fact that it cant transport person(s) or goods (things).
https://definitions.uslegal.com/v/vehicle/

I frequent 2 bash spots that have this same wording in their posted rules, but have yet to be approached by anyone of authority to play semantics with and debate this issue.

It can be argued that an 1/8th scale RC is not by definition a motorized (motor) vehicle and therefore is exempt from that rule simply from the fact that it cant transport person(s) or goods (things).
https://definitions.uslegal.com/v/vehicle/

I frequent 2 bash spots that have this same wording in their posted rules, but have yet to be approached by anyone of authority to play semantics with and debate this issue.

There was nobody there tonight at 8pm and it's too close to home for me to ignore any longer. If more than a couple kids show up, I'll bail out to keep us safe.
Might work out well with the fire department across the street. I bet I can get at least one of those fireman to buy an Arrma truck before Thanksgiving.. lol ✔I'm on it.

What’s the word on this spot? I’m in Covington and wouldn’t mind driving over

If you're in Covington, let's get together. I work between Hammond and Covington and can travel. I also have some ramps I can carry around.
As far as that skate park, it's ok and may offer some good stuff though I can't be sure of when the best time to avoid skaters. I live pretty close and should check more often. One evening I took my Granite over and had some fun but it was more crowded than I wanted it to be.

If you're in Covington, let's get together. I work between Hammond and Covington and can travel. I also have some ramps I can carry around.
As far as that skate park, it's ok and may offer some good stuff though I can't be sure of when the best time to avoid skaters. I live pretty close and should check more often. One evening I took my Granite over and had some fun but it was more crowded than I wanted it to be.

When I get my vehicle together I’ll hit you up. I’m waiting on a cam, lifters, etc for my ram. Got stuck with a $4,000 repair at 55k miles

When I get my vehicle together I’ll hit you up. I’m waiting on a cam, lifters, etc for my ram. Got stuck with a $4,000 repair at 55k miles
ok. Holler at me any time. I have lots of spares and a Talion v3 as well... that I love.
Can't help with the Mopar though because I drive a Ford pickup these days.

I'm about an hour away from Hammond, you guys ever made it out there with a group?? Would love to bash out there when I build my diffs up.

I'm about an hour away from Hammond, you guys ever made it out there with a group?? Would love to bash out there when I build my diffs up.

???? This is good to hear! No group bash yet and I'm very willing to get together when I have some time off. I need some bashing friends. I'm in the busiest season at work right now but can let you know (as soon as I know) when I can even get out during this colder season. I'm single and I answer to me only so no family stuff to worry about?. I kinda live on call with work and it's hard to plan much ahead until about the end of March. I'll even come to you if you have spots.
Where are you located?

???? This is good to hear! No group bash yet and I'm very willing to get together when I have some time off. I need some bashing friends. I'm in the busiest season at work right now but can let you know (as soon as I know) when I can even get out during this colder season. I'm single and I answer to me only so no family stuff to worry about?. I kinda live on call with work and it's hard to plan much ahead until about the end of March. I'll even come to you if you have spots.
Where are you located?
I’m on the westbank.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back