Out of Box Senton 3s Tracking Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cfcsvt

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Good Day All, I wasn't sure exactly where to post this but thought that this would be potentially the best place?? I just bought a Senton 3s BLX about 2weeks ago. After the unboxing, I placed it on my floors inside just to test radio (forward/back) and Steering Trim. I then took the truck outside into the street and made sure the trim was set appropriately. I had the transmitter set to 50% as this was my first R/C in decades and I had no idea what to expect. I eased onto the throttle until it seemed to be around 25% and then laid into it, it immediately, spun, hooked left almost 75 degrees and started cartwheeling down the street...I certainly didn't expect that to happen, especially at 50%. No matter what I do, I can not get this vehicle to allow me to even use full throttle at 50% or higher and it WILL NOT track straight. I can set the trim and then 3s later it's off again. I've changed the toe out on the front, I've evened the negative camber on all 4...nothing I do works. Since the un-boxing, the tires have appeared as though they are wobbling, but it seems like it's just the way the tread is and how it sits on the wheel?? Taking the wheels off and turning the hubs, it doesn't appear as though those are wobbling. Before acquiring the vehicle, I had ordered a DumboRC x6 with the Gyro, after reading everyone's complaints about the factory Spektrums. I put that in today and I was actually able to get down the street under full throttle (setting the power to 50%) but I can see the car kind of wag back and forth almost as if the gyro is fighting it all the way down the street. Oh, forgot to mention, when installing the new receiver, I had taken the case the servo and receiver are mounted to/in, out and turned it upside down to "set" the servo at neutral (arrow to arrow) and then made sure when reinstalling, that the wheels were straight (measured from inside wheel to bottom of shock tower..roughly 1.25"). When I turned on the ESC and the servo did it's right/left/center actuation, it only went about 75% of the way back to center, thus making it track left (oddly enough, this transmitter requires me to set the trim left, to make it go right (huh??), yes the steering is working left to left and right to right (bizarre lol)). Is the best bet to replace the Servo? Is this possible to get replaced via manufacturer? I haven't been overly upset by all of this troubleshooting and learning because I've been able to get my hands dirty and learn quite a bit....but at what point do I need to give up lol. Sorry for such a long winded post and thank you in advance for any information / assistance anyone is able to provide me. This is my first post, so if there is anything that I forgot or need to do, please feel free to let me know =)

-Ken

I had similar issues on day one. To fix the tracking/trim issues I got this:

JX Servo CLS6322HV 21kg High Torque Metal Shell Metal Tooth High Pressure Digital Hollow Cup Servo for Drone RC Car RC Boat Robort https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SV1R9YS/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_--v3EbTTEFVHD

I also have some street rubber for around the house hooning and have these, just glue those wheel down good.

ARA510096 for SC Wheel Set w/14mm Hex (Black) (2) (2.2/3.0) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0881BV2W3/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_abw3EbYN1DSJV

Pro-Line Racing 1167-01 Street Fighter SC 2.2"/3.0" M2 (Medium) Tires https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0048CGS1G/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_Fdw3Eb3A8WVNS

....fyi, my first post also... And my first RC car besides the Walmart stuff from 30 years ago unless you count the stuff I've designed and built from Lego.

I had similar issues on day one. To fix the tracking/trim issues I got this:

JX Servo CLS6322HV 21kg High Torque Metal Shell Metal Tooth High Pressure Digital Hollow Cup Servo for Drone RC Car RC Boat Robort https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SV1R9YS/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_--v3EbTTEFVHD

I also have some street rubber for around the house hooning and have these, just glue those wheel down good.

ARA510096 for SC Wheel Set w/14mm Hex (Black) (2) (2.2/3.0) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0881BV2W3/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_abw3EbYN1DSJV

Pro-Line Racing 1167-01 Street Fighter SC 2.2"/3.0" M2 (Medium) Tires https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0048CGS1G/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_Fdw3Eb3A8WVNS

....fyi, my first post also... And my first RC car besides the Walmart stuff from 30 years ago unless you count the stuff I've designed and built from Lego.

Thanks for your quick response! It's funny, I actually have that very same servo sitting on a tab, that I had found from a YouTube video from a few weeks back...well, depending on responses, I might just go that route, just wasn't sure if the general consensus was that it was a servo issue and if it made more sense to go to Arrma to replace or if it's best to go aftermarket. As for street hooning, I'll definitely take a look at the tire/wheel setup you've got there..I like options lol. I was initially trying to get the Big Rock Crew Cab, but the back-order on that keeps getting extended, so I felt it best to just get the Senton, then I could get the Granite or BRCC Wheels/Tires and get the BRCC Body, then I'd have two trucks for a little extra money...so added options for playing is all good for me lol. Thanks again!

Happy I could help, but I am no expert (but I have built ground stuff and fly)

I just tried stuff and it worked. I may look into deeper suspension solutions and I also keep hearing the transmitter is no good either. I have a DumboRC transmitter on the way (though it was supposed to go to a track car-gyro stabilization) that I will try.

Also, play with the throttle and steering rates. I tighten up the steering on a 3s battery for pavement.

Most of this is just trial and error for me since I haven't broken anything yet.... Oh and for that servo, I just put the Arrma arm and connector on the server and it buttoned right up.... A servo centering tool is handy also, flight stuff almost requires it.

I never had that exact issue but I did struggle with keeping the darn thing tracking straight. What’s really gotten it close has been these upgrades -

25kg amazon servo
Hot racing pivot balls
Bushings swapped out of the stock bellcrank for bearings
Dumbo rc. Gyro works best 50-75% and I normally just run with it off.

To really stiffen it up I’d recommend the above as well as
Kimborough 124 servo saver
Hot racing aluminum bellcrank.

I’m still running factory servo saver and with the upgrades I’ve already done it’s made a world of difference.

These steps above will fix any steering issues with the 3s lineup. There are a few threads here that discuss further shimming of the bellcrank and c hubs to reduce all the play, but I’ve been happy in what I’ve done so far.

Last edited:
I never had that exact issue but I did struggle with keeping the darn thing tracking straight. What’s really gotten it close has been these upgrades -

25kg amazon servo
Hot racing pivot balls

I’m still running factory servo saver and with the upgrades I’ve already done it’s made a works of difference.

These steps above will fix any steering issues with the 3s lineup. There are a few threads here that discuss further shimming of the bellcrank and c hubs to reduce all the play, but I’ve been happy in what I’ve done so far.

Awesome! I'll look into these parts asap, I know the 21kg servo that Rain mentioned, I can't get until a range of middle of July and August, so I'll take a look at 25kg on Amazon as well. I did find a 20kg (about $25 that I can get in 2 days from PowerHD via Amazon) that I saw someone on YouTube using, they had converted theirs to a "monster" version using the Granite wheels and that was a similar idea to what I was wanting, aside from me going and getting the BRCC body instead of trimming the Senton body as I would like being able to switch based on needs. I went bashing in a construction area behind my house last night and it was rather flooded out there....call was flying all over the place, but I can definitely see the necessity for SCT vice MT...I kept hearing a noise when turning under high speeds and I'm fairly confident it was the body rubbing the tires because it didn't do it all of the time (ie...sliding, only when it was hooking and starting to pull the tires in a "3 wheel motion" or sometimes even getting on 2 wheels (sideways)). Plus the inside of the chassis was just caked with mud and grass, whereas, with an MT, that would most likely be cut down to at least 25% if not more..all in all, had a blast, but now, once dry, I have quite a bit of clean up to do lol.

Sounds like a good time. Below is what I use in my granite and senton. Definitely an improvement over stock. We’ll see how long they hold up but so far so good. The stock tires are no bueno in my opinion. I kept it on 2 s for my son and we were basically swapping out the tires after every run due to the tires shredding.

I hate to break it to you but there is little you can do to reduce how much debris gets under the body. Tire choice will not fix that really. There’s a member here who has made custom guards to help and that’s really about all you can do besides running a tighter body. Check out my build log. This has so far made our senton pretty bomb proof.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/jams-boring-senton-2-0-build.22623/#post-311400
AC555C1F-D235-4C13-B517-DB2936A683FE.png

Sounds like a good time. Below is what I use in my granite and senton. Definitely an improvement over stock. We’ll see how long they hold up but so far so good. The stock tires are no bueno in my opinion. I kept it on 2 s for my son and we were basically swapping out the tires after every run due to the tires shredding.

I hate to break it to you but there is little you can do to reduce how much debris gets under the body. Tire choice will not fix that really. There’s a member here who has made custom guards to help and that’s really about all you can do besides running a tighter body. Check out my build log. This has so far made our senton pretty bomb proof.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/jams-boring-senton-2-0-build.22623/#post-311400
View attachment 84713

Sweet! Thank you! And, yeah, I was planning on having an MT body...specifically the BRCC since that is actually the truck I was going to get but it's back order just keeps getting extended, so I bought the Senton...that should lesson the interior muck after bashing in mud....at least I'm going to assume seeing as how the tires are outside of the body. I would just switch the body and wheels based on the environmental needs lol

25kg amazon servo
Hot racing pivot balls

I’m still running factory servo saver and with the upgrades I’ve already done it’s made a world of difference.

I just got my senton a week ago and also having the same issue.
Sucks that all those Hot Racing parts you recommended are out of stock.

Do you have a link on the bearing I will need to replace the bushings out of the bellcrank?

View attachment 84713
Replaced the servo with the one you showed, works like a champ! Just mounted some Six Pack STs and noticed I have a bent front left shock... Yay!! I believe it was when I was hit, nearly head on, by my brother-in-law's Redcat SCT... Thought it was unscathed, guess I thought wrong lol. Oh well, more upgrades!! =P. Thanks for the help!

@Cfcsvt no problem! I think I’ve broken more parts from my son playing tag than I have when landing wrong. Just take that shock apart and hammer that shaft as straight as possible and get back at it. That’s what I do. How do you like the duratrax?

@Cfcsvt no problem! I think I’ve broken more parts from my son playing tag than I have when landing wrong. Just take that shock apart and hammer that shaft as straight as possible and get back at it. That’s what I do. How do you like the duratrax?
Haven't ran it yet with the tires... As soon as I saw it, I took the shock off and tried to bend it back... Got it close, but it still can't compress all the way... There's still a slight bend right where the shock tower (I think that's what it's called?? Lol) starts, so you have to really push it passed that point, and it won't rebound back. I don't know how to take the shock apart... If I take it apart, I'm assuming I need oil to refill it?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back