Out of box upgrades for Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brednal

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi everyone!

This is my first post on these forums, also the Arrma Granite is my first RC car. I am very excited to get into this hobby after wanting to for years, the Granite RTR kit has let me do it without a huge initial investment.

I bought the Granite MEGA 2wd truck, I so far love it, I was curious to know if anyone out there could suggest some upgrades for my truck? Performance, cosmetic anything of that sort. Also if anyone could point in the right direction of where to buy these parts north of the boarder in Canada!

Thanks!

So.....if you arent looking to spend money just wait... go have adventures....been in this for 10 months and tge granite mega was my first ride too. Went to the track during a muddy winter day and just cooovered it. Went around my neighborhood. Webt through trails in parks...

As far as upgrades

I started by calling arrma and getting a new servo

Had to ask for a new motor about a month in after a 3 pack trail run through woods and water

Got a brushless 2pole 39kv and 60a esc and the thing flew...

Bought a tbone bumper soon after

Needed a wheelie bar after that

Needed a 3s after that

Had to send it to arrma to fix it about a month later.

Kept loosing dogbones and axels... so i got hpi 83mmx6mm silver dogbones. Witha little nitro tubing to help even them out...(it has only popped 1 time in 5 months of driving now and the axels are fine)...thank blxer

Motor fan...this is clutch...my contibution
1445484491500-372995424.jpg

This is a 30mm fan held in by existing screws in trans and some extras from other intgey brand fans and heatsinks. Hit right on the bell

the integy heatsink

Then got a hobbywing (if u want cheap and good this is the obly option) 120a esc and 38kv

Got some trenchers

As far as a must have upgrades
T bone bumper
Motor fan
Hpi dogbones
Traxxas slash metal shock caps (haven't tried them but the reviews are good as far as duribilty goes)

Besidez those, it is all about what you want to do. How much u wanna spend, u know

As it sits
Spent 170 on the truck
40 on 3s
70 on trenchers
70 on 120a esc
15 on castle bec
35 on 38kv 4pole 550
15 on motor cooling
5 on shock oil 60wt
15 on T bone bumper

So about 440 spent on the chassis
Then about another 80 on the bus body paint and stickers mounts and lights

this is your first truck i would suggest getting a set of hex drivers and screw drives (each have 5 tools) for like 10 each from dynamite.... totally changed my fixing game... buy a heat reader for like 20 bucks...soldering iron...bearing oil... an air compressor (hadbt done that yet but i really need to) for cleaning...

Yeah.... bout it for now

Thank you very much for the info! I appreciate you taking the time to write that up for me Darren. I already broke the body mount today so that will be the first replacement. You mentioned calling Arrma and getting a new servo right away, is their a reason for this?

Thank you very much for the info! I appreciate you taking the time to write that up for me Darren. I already broke the body mount today so that will be the first replacement. You mentioned calling Arrma and getting a new servo right away, is their a reason for this?
Yeah the body miunt fix
1445486269306-1678090305.jpg

don't crash it... we all learned to heep it high

Yeah the oem servo sucks.... it will work for about 2 months then have issues....unless u baby the hell outta it

Would also suggest bitting the bullet and let them fix ur trans if u have issues.... thats what they are therw for

I live in Canada it seems the Arrma parts are a little hard to find here. Also do they replace the servo for free? Is it covered under that two year warranty I saw on the box?

You're saying to mount the body higher on the pole to keep it from breaking ?

I live in Canada it seems the Arrma parts are a little hard to find here. Also do they replace the servo for free? Is it covered under that two year warranty I saw on the box?

You're saying to mount the body higher on the pole to keep it from breaking ?
Everything but the body and tires are covered.

I was showing u these posts in case u want to do a body thats not a truck or street car. I.e. grave digger, bus, firetruck, van...

Arrma parts are hardish to find. Once u get a few months into the hobby you will start to drive better and you wont break as much.... espically with the t bone bumper.

I have called arrma 3~5 times for parts and sent my truck in 1 time. Always free...except for shipping it to illinois. Luckily i live only 2.5 hours away so i get stuff in like 3 days of calling.....unless they dobt have the part! Which happens! So don't rely on them! Unless u send it in. Then you will take priority. But yeah wasnt gonna wait a month for dogbones to be availible from them.

They are a good company....maybe could be one of the best....they are just new too tho...

To sum it up the granite is hard as hell....i jump mine over 25ft jumps on both dirt and pavement...run it for like a hour on the street and like 25 on short grass-dirt.. it does need that bumper tho! I have only needed to replace 1 a arm about 4 front body mounts and a few back body mounts 1chassis plate under the servo and the mounts that hold the front mount to the chassis.... seems like a lot but i have put about 300packs in it....soooooooo

First time i ran it was in winter in shoe stealing mud that was over the tires... once u get to about 100 bats in it you will see it is probably the best buy you can make in the hobby. Just make sure to clean it a little after 3 packs (unless u are mudding then clean it good before you run again)or so and oil them bearings like every 5 packs... clean it good after 15 packs. Redo shock oil every 30-60packs depending on the type of terrian. You proably wont have to worry much about the trans. And diff If all you are doing is 2s.
Hardest part i have found workibg on this is the front end

This helps me out a lot thanks! A buddy of mine is big into Traxxas and knows RC pretty well, but doesn't know much about the Arrma stuff. I am thank full I found these forums!

Everything but the body and tires are covered.

I was showing u these posts in case u want to do a body thats not a truck or street car. I.e. grave digger, bus, firetruck, van...
How do you get in touch with arrma to send them truck.... my granite is losing dog bones the back control arm screw keeps backing out... and the servo it a bit glitchy

I called them. outta the 5 calls or so the longest time on the phone was 35min. Ususally get held for 15min avg. If you want them to fix it i send it ups (luckily it only costs me about 10-15 bucks (reuse the same packing stuff) because im in St. Louis. i send it with the copy of my reciept and a small note of what trouble the spots are. If i send it friday i will get it back that next friday but thats because im only 2 hours away from their main wearhouse. They fix them pretty quick is all i mean.
If you feel like sending it in i would say it would take anyone not in the midwest about 2 weeks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back