Out of box upgrades for Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So.....if you arent looking to spend money just wait... go have adventures....been in this for 10 months and tge granite mega was my first ride too. Went to the track during a muddy winter day and just cooovered it. Went around my neighborhood. Webt through trails in parks...

As far as upgrades

I started by calling arrma and getting a new servo

Had to ask for a new motor about a month in after a 3 pack trail run through woods and water

Got a brushless 2pole 39kv and 60a esc and the thing flew...

Bought a tbone bumper soon after

Needed a wheelie bar after that

Needed a 3s after that

Had to send it to arrma to fix it about a month later.

Kept loosing dogbones and axels... so i got hpi 83mmx6mm silver dogbones. Witha little nitro tubing to help even them out...(it has only popped 1 time in 5 months of driving now and the axels are fine)...thank blxer

Motor fan...this is clutch...my contibutionView attachment 407
This is a 30mm fan held in by existing screws in trans and some extras from other intgey brand fans and heatsinks. Hit right on the bell

the integy heatsink

Then got a hobbywing (if u want cheap and good this is the obly option) 120a esc and 38kv

Got some trenchers

As far as a must have upgrades
T bone bumper
Motor fan
Hpi dogbones
Traxxas slash metal shock caps (haven't tried them but the reviews are good as far as duribilty goes)

Besidez those, it is all about what you want to do. How much u wanna spend, u know

As it sits
Spent 170 on the truck
40 on 3s
70 on trenchers
70 on 120a esc
15 on castle bec
35 on 38kv 4pole 550
15 on motor cooling
5 on shock oil 60wt
15 on T bone bumper

So about 440 spent on the chassis
Then about another 80 on the bus body paint and stickers mounts and lights

this is your first truck i would suggest getting a set of hex drivers and screw drives (each have 5 tools) for like 10 each from dynamite.... totally changed my fixing game... buy a heat reader for like 20 bucks...soldering iron...bearing oil... an air compressor (hadbt done that yet but i really need to) for cleaning...

Yeah.... bout it for now

By the price of them, it looks like you bought those trenchers mounted. Which ones did you get and do they fit with the stock body? It looks like they have two versions of the mounted 2.8's and no explanation I could find as to the difference other than an application chart that does not include the granite.

The trenchers are the same on front and back. I used 4x4 stampede premounted trenchers on desporado wheels. If you want a different offset you will have to look on ur own, but many 4x4 monster wheels will work, as long as they are for a 4x4. Didnt test them with the body. Ill check tomorrow. Should be fine tho.

Lil bit of warning that unlike other proline tires, because of the tread they are a little heavier than expected, but not too much. The trenchers really gave me a lot of grip. Basically a hot system will be even hotter with these on

So.....if you arent looking to spend money just wait... go have adventures....been in this for 10 months and tge granite mega was my first ride too. Went to the track during a muddy winter day and just cooovered it. Went around my neighborhood. Webt through trails in parks...

As far as upgrades

I started by calling arrma and getting a new servo

Had to ask for a new motor about a month in after a 3 pack trail run through woods and water

Got a brushless 2pole 39kv and 60a esc and the thing flew...

Bought a tbone bumper soon after

Needed a wheelie bar after that

Needed a 3s after that

Had to send it to arrma to fix it about a month later.

Kept loosing dogbones and axels... so i got hpi 83mmx6mm silver dogbones. Witha little nitro tubing to help even them out...(it has only popped 1 time in 5 months of driving now and the axels are fine)...thank blxer

Motor fan...this is clutch...my contibutionView attachment 407
This is a 30mm fan held in by existing screws in trans and some extras from other intgey brand fans and heatsinks. Hit right on the bell

the integy heatsink

Then got a hobbywing (if u want cheap and good this is the obly option) 120a esc and 38kv

Got some trenchers

As far as a must have upgrades
T bone bumper
Motor fan
Hpi dogbones
Traxxas slash metal shock caps (haven't tried them but the reviews are good as far as duribilty goes)

Besidez those, it is all about what you want to do. How much u wanna spend, u know

As it sits
Spent 170 on the truck
40 on 3s
70 on trenchers
70 on 120a esc
15 on castle bec
35 on 38kv 4pole 550
15 on motor cooling
5 on shock oil 60wt
15 on T bone bumper

So about 440 spent on the chassis
Then about another 80 on the bus body paint and stickers mounts and lights

this is your first truck i would suggest getting a set of hex drivers and screw drives (each have 5 tools) for like 10 each from dynamite.... totally changed my fixing game... buy a heat reader for like 20 bucks...soldering iron...bearing oil... an air compressor (hadbt done that yet but i really need to) for cleaning...

Yeah.... bout it for now

What 4 pole did you get for 35? Why get a bec? What kind of cooling? Did you upgrade the gears. Pinion or spur?

Good info here. Thanks guys. Should've moved the body mounts to the highest position! New body mount ordered from Tower.

I have just added engine stop leak additive to my stock Granite BLS diff. Along with a healthy dollup of marine grease! Let me be clear. .. I love love love! ! The way the truck handles now! Even with the stock 8.4v nimh battery it wheelies off the line, but not every time.
When I first cracked the diff open all there was for lube was a little bit of red grease. This made the diff wide open and the truck just did doghnuts. I now really enjoy driving it!

Attachments

• 1451771346701295987378.jpg
    1451771346701295987378.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 42
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back