Out of stock everywhere for driveshaft end locking pins (AR310556)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reborn8

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I was curious as to why there pins seems to be out of stock all over the internet. I broke one on my Fazon so now I can't run it. I checked Tower Hobbies and they said late March for availability and most other places are the same. Is there another threaded pin that could be used? It just seems odd that this part would take so long to get back into stock as it's a pretty vital part. Without it you have no way to secure to driveshaft to the diff. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm not sure of the part number but I think people are using a Traxxas pin as a replacement for that part.

I have a E-Revo Brushless that was upgraded to the steel drive shafts so I took one of the pins from that and used it. I am not sure if it's the same type but it seems to screw in. I will find out. I am curious what those other pins might be though. Thanks for the reply bro.

I got these:

upload_2017-1-31_16-51-6.jpeg

Traxxas TRA5145

Sorry, I bought them all after snapping one 30 seconds into my first Fazon run. o_O

I was curious as to why there pins seems to be out of stock all over the internet. I broke one on my Fazon so now I can't run it. I checked Tower Hobbies and they said late March for availability and most other places are the same. Is there another threaded pin that could be used? It just seems odd that this part would take so long to get back into stock as it's a pretty vital part. Without it you have no way to secure to driveshaft to the diff. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Ar330556 I have the Fazon i could only find pins from active power sports...the shipping is ridiculous hoever i had two break in the short time ive ran the car probably 4 times

Ar330556 I have the Fazon i could only find pins from active power sports...the shipping is ridiculous hoever i had two break in the short time ive ran the car probably 4 times
Active powersports is not one of those reliable websites as they say they are in stock when back ordered, it is a one person owned sort of company, suggest to stay away for future purchases, I have heard that they even take the money and never give the parts for over 6 monthes

I am glad you got the part, but it isn't really the most reliable website you should buy from

The rod ends and wheelie bars are still out of stock too. Were supposed to be available at the end of Jan - been moved to the end of Feb now...

Wonder if they're updating the part.

I placed an order through that Active Powersports site as well before I heard about the Traxxas alternative. Luckily it was for only $22 since it looks like I will never get the product after reading reviews from that site. I placed the order on Monday and got an email that the order was placed but it's been showing pending all these days. He or whoever runs that website is not customer focused for sure. I have the Traxxas pins coming from Tower Hobbies tomorrow. Just beware of buying from that place. More like just don't place an order with them. They have no phone number to reach them and seem a bit shady from reviews. Sad really.

UPDATE 02/08/17 - I did get a reply back from him saying he won't have them until March. He should show he is out of stock though. Not the best way to do business.

Last edited:
I've been using the traxxas pins and have not snapped 1 since (15-20 packs HARD bashing). Change them ALL out. Including the locking pins connecting the center of the drivetrain. I'm running heavier wheel tire setup and soon a cage. No problems. I just threw away all the arrma pins. Not worth putting it in for it to break first time I slam the throttle or land wrong.

I've been using the traxxas pins and have not snapped 1 since (15-20 packs HARD bashing). Change them ALL out. Including the locking pins connecting the center of the drivetrain. I'm running heavier wheel tire setup and soon a cage. No problems. I just threw away all the arrma pins. Not worth putting it in for it to break first time I slam the throttle or land wrong.

Thanks for the info bro. I have since bought the Traxxas ones but have not changed them all out yet. Will do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back