Vorteks Out of the Box issues.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AbuZubair

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Brand new vorteks.

Cogging/sputtering when I gas it lightly with the wheels turned. If I give it more gas or let go of the wheel, it runs fine. very bizarre. Driving straight at a low speed and turn the wheel, it does it again. It’s like at low speeds it’s cutting the power when I turn the wheels.

The second issue is I’m not getting the battery level lights to come on on the transmitter. And yes I’m using a G2 spectrum smart battery. I didn’t realize it was only 30c when I purchased it, and from what I understand they recommend 50c or better with this truck. Could this be causing my issues? 🤷🏽‍♂️

Other than that the truck drives remarkable. Straight as an arrow out of the box, didn’t even need to touch the steering trim. surprisingly fast, and no issues with run time either. Definitely will smoke my slash 4x4 VXL.

Brand new vorteks.

Cogging/sputtering when I gas it lightly with the wheels turned. If I give it more gas or let go of the wheel, it runs fine. very bizarre. Driving straight at a low speed and turn the wheel, it does it again. It’s like at low speeds it’s cutting the power when I turn the wheels.

The second issue is I’m not getting the battery level lights to come on on the transmitter. And yes I’m using a G2 spectrum smart battery. I didn’t realize it was only 30c when I purchased it, and from what I understand they recommend 50c or better with this truck. Could this be causing my issues? 🤷🏽‍♂️

Other than that the truck drives remarkable. Straight as an arrow out of the box, didn’t even need to touch the steering trim. surprisingly fast, and no issues with run time either. Definitely will smoke my slash 4x4 VXL.
Yea sounds like that battery could be at fault since it only happens when you give throttle and turn but not when you drive straight and no turning

I would try another servo. Faulty ones can interfere with the ESC

It shouldn't matter that the battery is 30C, especially at low speeds. It may mean that the battery could become warmer and could struggle to deliver power at full throttle. C rating has never been an accurate indicator on battery capability anyway - if it was me, I would keep using it 🤷‍♂️

Definitely not C rating on the battery.

BLX ECSs have a lag at zero throttle like it's cogging or over geared. Sounds like that. It's more noticeable if you turn from stationery then apply throttle it can be like the motor hesitates. If you're pointing up hill it's even worse.

My original BR was like that. My #2 BR was 2nd hand and came with a Hobbywing ESC and it exhibits none of this 'hesitation' present in the other BR with the BLX ESC. Turning the punch up to 5 didn't change anything.

My Senton will hesitate as well ... it has the BLX ESC ... my Vorteks it's less noticeable but it's has the Spectrum ESC.

Brand new vorteks.

Yup mine did that. It would also hit LVC on 100% throttle (Seemed Full on throttle would cause one or more cells to slightly dip below 3.9 setting off lvc). Threw one of these on and no more issues. So one of the first things I do is put one of these on a 3s car when I get it (got 3 now). Just runs smoother. Seems to help my vorteks most, which is all stock save wheels and shocks.

149AABDE-2BD2-4F2C-B506-2D4D6C9CB0E9.png

Yup mine did that. It would also hit LVC on 100% throttle (Seemed Full on throttle would cause one or more cells to slightly dip below 3.9 setting off lvc). Threw one of these on and no more issues. So one of the first things I do is put one of these on a 3s car when I get it (got 3 now). Just runs smoother. Seems to help my vorteks most, which is all stock save wheels and shocks.

View attachment 159729
Wow! Let’s give it a shot.

View attachment 159729
First time seeing this what is it what does it do teach me yoda lol

First time seeing this what is it what does it do teach me yoda lol
Dude, I am no Yoda by any means. Just stick with Velo please. It’s just a single capacitor that you plug into the receiver. I like razors edge because it’s a huge single capacitor. 6400 compared to 4700 that the other brands have. It Reserves a small amount of energy to deliver to the system when needed. I’ve been told by many that the concept won’t work, but it does. On my Vorteks it stops it from hitting LVC. I’ve tested it repeatedly with and without it, also using different batteries and it absolutely works.

On my granite…well the steering tends to jitter, probably due to how I upgraded the servo. This smooths it out. I need to redo the serveo properly and put a better one In, but meanwhile this helps. I got one for my wife’s new big rock but I haven’t put it on yet. She does not drive the car very hard, she just kind of putters around getting used to it. When she gets comfortable and starts driving hard I’ll install it.

Dude, I am no Yoda by any means. Just stick with Velo please. It’s just a single capacitor that you plug into the receiver. I like razors edge because it’s a huge single capacitor. 6400 compared to 4700 that the other brands have. It Reserves a small amount of energy to deliver to the system when needed. I’ve been told by many that the concept won’t work, but it does. On my Vorteks it stops it from hitting LVC. I’ve tested it repeatedly with and without it, also using different batteries and it absolutely works.

On my granite…well the steering tends to jitter, probably due to how I upgraded the servo. This smooths it out. I need to redo the serveo properly and put a better one In, but meanwhile this helps. I got one for my wife’s new big rock but I haven’t put it on yet. She does not drive the car very hard, she just kind of putters around getting used to it. When she gets comfortable and starts driving hard I’ll install it.
Okay i get the concept sounds good i don't have any problems with my current rcs but deff a cool upgrade you over there turning your rc into a computer 😂 thanks for the info thoe deff something I might try for my older model rcs

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back