Outcast Out of the box preliminary

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theo688

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Outcast 4s
Good Morning Everyone,
I just purchased an Outcast 4s, Amazon had it priced wrong and I ended up getting 200$ off. I unboxed it last night and I'm very excited to run it.
My question is, do I need to go through anything on the truck before taking it on its maiden voyage? Is it truly RTR or are there screws, nuts or bolts that should be checked before running.

Also what voltage is the ESC set at for lipo cutoff?

Thanks for the help.

Always a good practice to go through and double check the screws. Some will go a lil further with their checks, like all the way to the differentials, making sure they aren't leaking or anything.

Looks like the 4s Outcast is set at a 3.4 LVC. Super deal you were able to obtain! Have fun with your new rig!!

With these mostly plastic trucks, there is less things to worry about before your maiden run. A quick twist of the hex driver to make sure the larger screws in the bottom of the chassis, make sure the screw for the servo saver is tight and check that all four wheel nuts are snug. As far as lvc is concerned, buying higher mAh batteries will always help improve run times.

If you have the STX2 radio, be careful of lag, disconnects, and interference from other radios. All of these are very common. Consider a new radio ASAP.

I have heard this^ I want to upgrade just not sure what to go with. I need to be budget conscious right now.
Budget conscious your best bet is probably going to be a DumboRC Tx/Rx. Ebay, Amazon, Bangood will have them for like 20 - 35 bucks, great response and great range for very cheap!

I just bought a new one recently. Out of the box the pinion came loose from the motor shaft within 5 minutes. Tighten and add blue loctite. Also, later I found the slipper was missing one pad in it, after having slipper issues and then rebuilding it. I would take it apart and make sure it has all the parts and assembled in correct order per diagrams.

I installed RPM arms straight out of the box, many videos show them breaking quickly. I also installed a better servo and radio I already had.

I just bought a new one recently. Out of the box the pinion came loose from the motor shaft within 5 minutes. Tighten and add blue loctite. Also, later I found the slipper was missing one pad in it, after having slipper issues and then rebuilding it. I would take it apart and make sure it has all the parts and assembled in correct order per diagrams.

I installed RPM arms straight out of the box, many videos show them breaking quickly. I also installed a better servo and radio I already had.
The old slipper only had 3 pads. The new one has 4.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back