Outcast Outcast 12 tooth pinion speed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Duke

Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
I have a tekno 15 tooth pinion due in tomorrow so I figured I'd go out today and see how much speed I could squeeze out of the stock 12 tooth pinion.
2018 Version Outcast
Deleted wing and lowered ride height to where the lower a-arms were parallel with the tarmac

Best pass of the session was 52.8mph
Anyone else clocked theres?
Curious where the 15 tooth pinion will fall in mph

IMG_6395.PNG

WoW:D
I thought it is much slower.
What 16t would achieve?!

I just found out some videos on Youtube. The Outcast hit 60 mph easily :eek::D

IMG_6406.JPG
IMG_6409.JPG
Installed the Tenko 15t this evening and swapped the 100k center diff oil out for 200k

The stock pinion grub screw had blue locktite on it and came out no problem with a little heat, but the inside diameter of the pinion and motor shaft were coated in red locktite which took 20 minutes and moderate heat to finally break free.

I'll report back what mph the 15t is good for as soon as a few more parts show up and I get everything put back together.

IMG_6444.PNG
I think there's maybe 1 to 1.5 more mph to be had after reviewing the data, but I'm happy with 60 for now

I don't think the Outcast is good for speed runs. But it is still very fast

It's definitely a handful above 50, but having been heavily involved in drag racing for the last 25yrs it comes as second nature to me.
I think my next project will be a purpose built Talion to for speed runs, especially since most people gravitate towards the much smaller and lighter Typhon for the task.

It's definitely a handful above 50, but having been heavily involved in drag racing for the last 25yrs it comes as second nature to me.
I think my next project will be a purpose built Talion to for speed runs, especially since most people gravitate towards the much smaller and lighter Typhon for the task.
Oh yeah 50mah for the Outcast is to more than enough. I have always thought witch is better in a drag race Typhon or Talion? Interestingly enough, I did't find any drag race between Typhon ans Talion!

In a drag race the acceleration advantage goes to the Typhon due to its power to weight ratio.
Typhon comes in at 7lb. 3oz without battery vs 8lb. 13oz for the Talion, but triple digit speeds have been done a hundred times over in the Typhon, and I'd much rather play in less charted waters with the Talion.

that's was help full. So the typhon is better a drag race. I think the Talion would be better for speed runs?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back