Outcast Outcast 4s always breaking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emery Hall

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
Hey guys guess what I just waited 2 weeks for a rear diff and some other stuff for my outcast 4s. It is already broken on the 2nd run. I love rc cars and have for a long time but I feel like I spend so much money just to get nothing. My outcast 4s has been through a good amount and holds up but what really ticks me off is I’m pretty sure I stripped a diff on a 1ft jump just testing my new shock settings. Do you guys know why it always breaks? Do I have bad luck? Please do not tell me just buy a lot of strong parts and buy this and buy that. I am very aware of the parts that are out there and drool over fully kitted out outcast 4s‘s with all the rpm goodies, hot racing goodies and awesome custom bodies. How can I make it stronger or prevent it from breaking so often. PS I am 13 and don’t have loads of lines and the little amount of money I get goes into rc. I have already done- RPM arms all around, and a T bone racing front bumper

Hey guys guess what I just waited 2 weeks for a rear diff and some other stuff for my outcast 4s. It is already broken on the 2nd run. I love rc cars and have for a long time but I feel like I spend so much money just to get nothing. My outcast 4s has been through a good amount and holds up but what really ticks me off is I’m pretty sure I stripped a diff on a 1ft jump just testing my new shock settings. Do you guys know why it always breaks? Do I have bad luck? Please do not tell me just buy a lot of strong parts and buy this and buy that. I am very aware of the parts that are out there and drool over fully kitted out outcast 4s‘s with all the rpm goodies, hot racing goodies and awesome custom bodies. How can I make it stronger or prevent it from breaking so often. PS I am 13 and don’t have loads of lines and the little amount of money I get goes into rc. I have already done- RPM arms all around, and a T bone racing front bumper
My best guess is your yokes, bearings, or shims are to blame. Did you replace the diff cup AND input pinions? You need both new together.

How is the slipper setup? Does it slip alot? If it does that heat is transferred into the input gear and it's a wrap from there, usually taking out the yokes and all..

Also what grease did you use for the gears? Lucas red and tacky works well for these...

Bearings were replaced with the new gears?

As much as people don't like the plastic gears, I quite like them, they have been extremely durable for me and my friends.. I've only killed one set in my typhon, and that thing gets beat to death, probably had 60+ packs ran through it before it gave up the ghost... no diff issues in either of my 4s rigs at all yet, and my outcast is definitely well used, probably 40+ packs through it..?

My outcast 4s has been through a good amount and holds up but what really ticks me off is I’m pretty sure I stripped a diff on a 1ft jump just testing my new shock settings. Do you guys know why it always breaks? Do I have bad luck?
This may help. When jumping you should not be on the throttle or brake when landing, you should be neutral. If you are on the throttle on brake when landing the differential goes from one speed to high resistance in a split second which will put stress on the differential.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back