Outcast 4s, Another wing option for 3D printer users

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camaroboy383

Invention is the mother of necessity!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Felony
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
I cracked my wing on a failed triple backflip landing.. so I whipped up this 4s outcast wing..

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4148029

Print in tpu (firmer the better) and let the flexing happen.. (y)
Should absorb quite a bit of energy.. figured I'd share here for you fellow 3d printer guys! ?

Next I'll be taking a stab at designing the 3s typhon wing..

Here is the first one off one of my machines... of course all I had was white tpu, but it fits the truck very nice...

Attachments

• 20200207_124932.jpg
    20200207_124932.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 73
Here is the first one off one of my machines... of course all I had was white tpu, but it fits the truck very nice...
What brand of TPU are you using? The stuff I bought is like rubber bands hardness.

You basically would want something in the 92-95A hardness range.. the white one you see printed is hatchbox brand.. tpu is cool because you can increase stiffness with thicker wall counts and higher top bottom layer counts....

So essentially you can print with 1 wall, 1 top, one bottom layer, with 20%infill and it would be a something so soft you could crumple it in your hand.. yet if you make the walls and base solid you end up with something thats pretty much as rigid as the factory plastic wing..

The other nice thing about tpu is it is so hard to destroy.. layer adhesion is insane..

Hmmm?
I go through a lot of 6s Kraton wings. They crack easily. Let us know how this works

Hmmm?
I go through a lot of 6s Kraton wings. They crack easily. Let us know how this works

Agreed.. I'll be making one for my 6s outcast as well as the 3s and 6s typhon.. the outcast wings and typhon 6s wings are very straight forward with the design aspect.. the geometries of the 3s typhon, 4s kraton, and the 6s kraton are complex for 3d printing.. so I'm going to have to change some geometry.. hopefully I can come up with something relatively decent looking...

Agreed.. I'll be making one for my 6s outcast as well as the 3s and 6s typhon.. the outcast wings and typhon 6s wings are very straight forward with the design aspect.. the geometries of the 3s typhon, 4s kraton, and the 6s kraton are complex for 3d printing.. so I'm going to have to change some geometry.. hopefully I can come up with something relatively decent looking...
Even just something more functional. I would take simple and durable over fancy and cheap anyday

Sainsmart tpu is great filament! I use it all the time.. I actually have a wing printing now in neon green for my daughters granite.. run it at like 210c and 30mm for speed.. it's going to be in the realm of 11hrs to print it that slow at .12 layer hieght...

You all make me want to buy a printer

They are cheap man.. do it up... lol.. just be ready for the steep learning curve.. it can be a rough journey at times... :ROFLMAO: .. but it's great to have them.. it's crazy how much I use them for just with household things let alone hobby stuff...
Same. Forget the bi-wing style shoot for easy to print. I will give that wing print a try with the TPU I have and see what happens. The stuff I have is 95A.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TI3JUU6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_mlGEncicdIOih

Oh and a side note about the sainsmart tpu.. its gas, oil and ethanol resistant! I've made several intake boots for sleds and bikes out of that stuff... it works great!

Last edited:
Take my advice, don’t buy the cheapest version. Unless you like upgrading a bunch of stuff. I went half way up the product line and still had to do a bunch of mods. But I think I’m getting it dialed in and reliable now.

@Camaroboy383 you will remember all the ghosting I had in my Y axis. It’s all gone now. Using a glass build plate and printed some bed supports. Layers are super clean now.

401DD4DF-550A-47AA-82A3-12B312F5E9D5.jpeg

Take my advice, don’t buy the cheapest version. Unless you like upgrading a bunch of stuff. I went half way up the product line and still had to do a bunch of mods. But I think I’m getting it dialed in and reliable now.

@Camaroboy383 you will remember all the ghosting I had in my Y axis. It’s all gone now. Using a glass build plate and printed some bed supports. Layers are super clean now.

View attachment 64333

That looks great man! You are definitely dialing that baby in... like seeing all the designing you have been doing as well... great job brother!

What's a good brand? I obviously will take your advise over a google search lol

I have an Ender 5, which is a good model but will need some upgrades to be reliable. The CR-10 series is good as well, has a bigger build plate. There are literally hundreds of models to choose from. You can watch YouTube channels to learn the ins and outs.

Chep
TeachingTech
3DPN

These are the ones I watch the most.

You can get some pretty impressive prints from a 200 ender as well.. I have an ender 3, cr-10, crx, and maker select v2 (rebrand wanhoa)... I love them all for different things.. some do better in areas than others so i task them for different types of jobs..

Out of all of them the ender 3 for the money was a winner, i run it bone stock with just capricorn tubing.. it produces amazing prints over and over again.. the part below came off that $200 ender 3...
Looks like we need to start a 3D printer thread?

This is actually a good idea.. it could be a place to share files we create for different rigs.. (y)

Attachments

• 20191104_103259.jpg
    20191104_103259.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 20191104_103310.jpg
    20191104_103310.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 20191104_103303.jpg
    20191104_103303.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 45
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back