Outcast Outcast 4s buy now or wait for next version

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zizi8862

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 4s
Hey guys

Was wanting to see if it's a good time now to buy the outcast 4s or should I wait till a version update. I'm not familiar with how often arrma update their products. I see some mixed reviews about the 4s at the moment. Some out the quality control isn't that great and faulty electronic out of the box as well as the leaky shock oil. So I'm not sure if I should bite the bullet now or wait

Thanks

I have both the 4s and 6s Kraton and I find that I often turn to the 4s.
I haven't had any significant issues since I bought it.
My advise if to buy one either one and go bash.
If you buy the current version and you love it then the path is already there to go get the new .model.

I have both the 4s and 6s Kraton and I find that I often turn to the 4s.
I haven't had any significant issues since I bought it.
My advise if to buy one either one and go bash.
If you buy the current version and you love it then the path is already there to go get the new .model.

I feel like a 4s will be good power for me as I think 6s is only for big open fields. However I am not sure if the 4s outcast is V1 and im worried usually the first version always have some teething issues.

I would say go for it and grab it.. I don't think any v2 rigs will be anytime soon or if at all.. grab some rpm arms for it at the same time and blast the heck out of it buddy... they are alot of fun..

1) This is the V1 of the OC4S but it is based upon the 3S chassis and platform. So some of it is new, but even those new parts are upgrades of the 3S line, which is an upgrade of the Mega line. So the 4S could be considered the V3 of the Mega ??‍♂️

2) I wouldn’t expect much changes with the OC4S V2 anyways. Most likely they will change over to Spektrum branded electronics completely.

3) The A-arms are a one time fix with inexpensive RPM arms. Not a big deal.

4) I’m not really sure what else is a pain point right now outside of the usual complaints. Sealed bearings, radio, and leaky shocks are a constant in all the 4x4 models so they aren’t concerned or something. That’s not changing either.

I have seen some ppl breaking the lwb chassis. I just was think.... if you were to put the tbone chassis skid plate on would that help any with reinforcement

I have seen some ppl breaking the lwb chassis. I just was think.... if you were to put the tbone chassis skid plate on would that help any with reinforcement
I don’t think that chassis skid is going to protect anything. It only has like 6 screws holding it on and it’s thin plastic.

Ya I saw it was only a few screws but thought it may add some rigidity to It. Just a thought

It’s a shame a Notorious body isn’t made for the 4s oc. Even if they did it would be a hard choice, the brown oc body is nice. I wanted one of those 4s rigs since they came out. Seems like they are pretty solid for the money.

If anyone gets the kraton 4s im seeing a lot of people having issues with the rear diffs and its due to the plastic differantial retainers who flexes a lot under heavy acceleration and toght slipper clutch. Get the hot racing diff holders for the rear and set your clutch correctly understand that the clutch is there to protect your drivetrain. The 4s lane has the slipper coming loose issue but red threadlock will fix that. If theres a v2 in the future i think they will make the diff holders out on alluminum better radio and maybe switch to spektrum electronics(not a fan of it) and maybe revised shocks but i doubt. What makes me think theres going to be a v2 its because of the maxx

I'm looking at getting a Kraton 4s and would probably fab up my own skid/chassis reinforcement out of aluminum.
You realize it’s a $9 part and doesn’t break that often

It doesn't need much, I agree is basically the 3rd revision of the original Arrma 4x4 1/10 trucks. All you need is RPM arms, and I'm not holding my breath till they fill my order for the CVD axles. Other than those two thins, just the normal cheap ass electronics and bearings should probably be replaced, and I would not expect that to change in any value engineered RTR kit.

You realize it’s a $9 part and doesn’t break that often

I know, I'm not doing it to be economical or practical, just because I can and enjoy fabbing my own crap. A small panel of aluminum isn't very expensive either though.

I know, I'm not doing it to be economical or practical, just because I can and enjoy fabbing my own crap. A small panel of aluminum isn't very expensive either though.
Just be careful of the added weight leading to an actual breakage. The key to the survival of a plastic rig is keeping it light. ??

It doesn't need much, I agree is basically the 3rd revision of the original Arrma 4x4 1/10 trucks. All you need is RPM arms, and I'm not holding my breath till they fill my order for the CVD axles. Other than those two thins, just the normal cheap ass electronics and bearings should probably be replaced, and I would not expect that to change in any value engineered RTR kit.
The electronics are far from cheap the esc is a rebranded hobbywing only the servo is meh
The only cheap ass elctronics are the Traxxas escs motors are decent i prefer a company who spend their research and development only on esc than one who makes rc cars and makes their own esc

I feel like a 4s will be good power for me as I think 6s is only for big open fields. However I am not sure if the 4s outcast is V1 and im worried usually the first version always have some teething issues.
Running the 6S on a 4S Lipo is fine. I Run my 6S Kraton on 4S Lipo 50% of the time. Runs superb and way cooler also. It may be a good path for you towards 6S down the road.
The 6S line is fairly mature at this point. Unlike the 4S. Just my spin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back