Outcast Outcast 4s chassis upgrades.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what are you buying? maybe your location? ill say it again, carbon plate is cheap... we arent building a bridge, we are supporting a chassis.. 2mm plate 8" x 10" 23 bucks shipped.. so figure 35 bucks at most for a full length plate to cover the chassis..
I just meant that it cost some. I wasn't meaning to disagree with you. Cheap is a relative term.

Location is part of it. I paid €10 just for shipping, also the selection and price competition in the EU isn't as good as it is in the states. I can get it cheaper but at 1mm thick you want the best quality you can get. What I used was engineered for FPV helicopter building and is the most expensive per square meter. I know another guy that did this to his Tekno ET 48.3 and his plate delaminated within the first 10 packs. So quality is important. Mine has outlived almost every other part on the Noto.
How easy is this CF plate to bend to match kick up? Or maybe get a thicker piece and CNC mill it to fit?
The 1mm will flex enough and also provides a little preload counter tension. The kickup is a mild slight bend.

I still think you have to work pretty hard in order to break a 3S/4S chassis. I've sent them off the infamous Bickety Berm and they've survived.

i agree.. ive only broken 1 and i was doing some really dumb stuff.. jumping picnic tables.. well one didnt make it..??

I've taken a page out of @jondilly1974 's book and just have extra chassis spares on hand for the day it finally happens. The only hard part I have is not building more trucks out of all the spares.

I've taken a page out of @jondilly1974 's book and just have extra chassis spares on hand for the day it finally happens. The only hard part I have is not building more trucks out of all the spares.
1585099695508.png

The only way i broke my chassi is i went full speed into a metal post worst part is i kept running like that until lvc? I only realised back at my house that i had one arm pin sticking out you can always try the wd40 method but you might start having diff issues because of plastic flex and you will need the metal diff yokes.
IMG_0861.JPG

That's why you should have gone with the 6s Notorious or the 6s Outcast since you can upgrade to the strongest chassis on the market in my opinion! I have beat the living daylights out of my #MC2 Shock Towers and my Goailth MC2 Racing chassis and I have yet to bend them! I have one on my #v3 #KRATON and one is installed on my 6s #Notorious. This might be the best upgrade you can do to a 6s rig if you like to #BASH & #BLAST LIKE i do!
All the best from FL!

Attachments

• M2C - Goliath Chassis.jpg
    M2C - Goliath Chassis.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Hops Ups : m2c chassis.jpeg
    Hops Ups : m2c chassis.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 49
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back