Outcast Outcast 4S differentials problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fenrisulv

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey there folks.
Sort of need some assistance here.
The rear differentials on my kids Outcast 4S keep wearing out, almost as quickly as I replace them.
Now, the kid, being only six years old, drives the car like he stole it, which on it's own is great, but I need to find a solution to the differentials.
Thought maybe someone here could help me figure out a metal version of all the differentials, spur and I suppose, just all the plastic which doesn't seem to be strong enough.
He's getting a kraton 6s this summer, but being his first proper RC car, we've decided to keep the outcast and just get it more durable.

Also for some reason, while he was getting used to the car, he ran it at 75% power. Only when we gave him full gas, so to speak, did these problems occur.

Any and all help or suggestions are appreciated

Just a guess, as I've done it. landing on the throttle or brake? Can knacker them right up.

Thanks for the reply. He did that a year ago when he ran a truggified Typhon,but in the year of driving, he's become quite good at understanding the jumps (and even air control). So he's not exactly as prone to those mistakes any longer. But we drive our cars on gravel and coarse sand dunes, so the cars get quite a beating each week.
I'm about to head out to buy him the differential set number eight, but figured I might ask here if you knew perhaps of more durable parts.
Can I use the differentials from a notorious 6s?

Arrma makes an upgraded metal input and crown gear setup for those rigs.. you will also need the cup for the new setup as well... I believe hot racing makes a setup as well.. I've had good luck with the plastic gear sets so never ventured that route..

6s diffs are a whole different animal so they can not be used...
I would suspect another issue if they are smoking up that fast.. check the yokes good for heat damage, and use a good bearing set on the input and crown carrier...

Thanks for the input. Noticed heat damage on the yokes. So I bought a whole new set from front to back. We'll see how it holds.
I'll check Hot Racing as well for future purchases.

Thanks for the input. Noticed heat damage on the yokes. So I bought a whole new set from front to back. We'll see how it holds.
I'll check Hot Racing as well for future purchases.

Gotcha, also keep in mind that heat issues in the yokes is directly related to the slipper clutch heating up from slipping to much.. it's a bear, but if you get the slipper setup just right the gear sets last a very long time.. axles as well.. 👍

Loosen up slipper clutch that's probably causing all of your issues. It's been known to be too tight from the factory in many of these 3S/4S cars.

Loosen up slipper clutch that's probably causing all of your issues. It's been known to be too tight from the factory in many of these 3S/4S cars.

I would suggest he refrain from that.. his situation seems to be the opposite, it's slipping so much it's melting down the yokes..👍...

Now if he was popping shafts I'd say definitely loosen it..✌️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back