Outcast Outcast 4s help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewToRC

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Did I install the pinion the right way.. and how come when I try to install the motor back in the wheels seem to lock ?? Help please
A607A002-7A4A-48E4-B8CC-5C7AC75011B1.jpeg

image.jpg

First, was everything fine before you installed pinion?

Second is your gear meshed correctly?

Did I install the pinion the right way.. and how come when I try to install the motor back in the wheels seem to lock ?? Help please View attachment 272505

View attachment 272506
Your mesh seems a bit loose, but it is hard to tell without the back of the case on. When it’s completely together there should be a very slight ‘click’ between the gear teeth when you wiggle the spur back-and-forth.

The motor module can be a bit difficult to click back in. You need clean the areas that it slides into with a toothbrush to get all compacted dirt out. Sometimes, as you’re trying to click it in, you need to wiggle the wheels a little bit. Once you do get it to fully engage, you’ll know it because there is a pronounced ‘CLACK!’.

Out of curiosity, why did you take it apart for to begin with? We’re you cleaning, making adjustments or repairs? Are those motor mount screws the ones that came with the car? Ahhh… I see it’s a 15 tooth pinion. So you put a bigger pinion in, yes?

Last edited:
Yea bigger pinion it was the only one they had at the time. the other the other pinion got shredded.. And do you know why the wwheels are locking when I got to put the motor module back on ?

6A1F99B1-C86C-425B-B6E9-8D760A77EC0F.jpeg

ouch. You want that pinion to engage as much of the spur gear as possible leaving only a very little play in the gears. Paper is the best method if you are starting. Standard 24# copy paper works well. Check the spur gears to make sure none are broken.
Wheels locking? Does it roll without the power module installed?

ouch. You want that pinion to engage as much of the spur gear as possible leaving only a very little play in the gears. Paper is the best method if you are starting. Standard 24# copy paper works well. Check the spur gears to make sure none are broken.
Wheels locking? Does it roll without the power module installed?
Yes rolls just fine without the module idk why they keep locking .. and thank you for responding.

Yea bigger pinion it was the only one they had at the time. the other the other pinion got shredded.. And do you know why the wwheels are locking when I got to put the motor module back on ?

View attachment 272523
I see you said the car rolls without the motor mod…does the motor itself turn by hand? If so, you may only be partially locking it in which may be jamming it.

I see you said the car rolls without the motor mod…does the motor itself turn by hand? If so, you may only be partially locking it in which may be jamming it.
Yes turns by hand but very hard to turn is that normal ?

Yes turns by hand but very hard to turn is that normal ?
Nope. It should be a bit…klunky, that’s the magnets turning over, but it should turn fairly easy. Define ‘very hard’? Like wanting to grab pliers to do it ‘very hard’ or…?
Oh, did you use new motor mount screws or the ones that it came with?

It’s not crazy hard but pretty hard enough to hurt my fingers .. And a certain point of the turn is super hard to turn but after putting some pressure it turns and is definitely clunky. And I used the motor mount screws that were there already

It’s not crazy hard but pretty hard enough to hurt my fingers .. And a certain point of the turn is super hard to turn but after putting some pressure it turns and is definitely clunky. And I used the motor mount screws that were there already
Something is off then. Remove it from the motor mount and see if it’s the same. Also check if the motor shaft wiggles back and forth slightly. It should have literally zero lateral movement.

Last edited:
I bet motor bearings are shot.. any play in the motor shaft side to side.. that mesh looks loose but motor appears to be mounted as close as possible.. pinion to small.. you have to roll it back and forth a nudge to get the module to slide back in as easy as it can!! 😎

Something is off then. Remove it from the motor mount and see if it’s the same. Also check if the motor shaft wiggles back and forth slightly. It should have literally zero lateral movement.
It dose wiggle back and fourth slightly.. I think ima have to take it too the rc shop I have been at it for about 4 hours now I don’t know why..

It dose wiggle back and fourth slightly.. I think ima have to take it too the rc shop I have been at it for about 4 hours now I don’t know why..
Sounds like your motor might be shot. If you bought it from a hobby shop, take it back to them to help you with the warranty process. If you didn’t buy it from the hobby shop and the hobby shop says that the motor is shot, email Horizon. Arrmas have a two year warranty, as long as you bought it new and have your receipt you shouldn’t have too much of an issue.

[email protected]
Send a short description of the problem.
You’ll get a return email asking you to jump through some hoops like describe the situation, send pictures and provide a copy of the receipt. Knock all that out and typically you’ll get a quick response.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back