Outcast Outcast 4s help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am wondering if the shredded pinion was caused by a motor bearing failing.

Was helping a friend idenitfy why his Typhon 3S would turn on ut not drive. Took a little while but eventually worked out a motor bearing had failed and there was no way the motor was going to turn over. Was sorted under warranty.

Id make sure to get that motor back and take it apart.. def isn't "locked".. you could have a spare with it

He gave it back to me when I picked the truck back up.. But I picked it up after work when I got home threw batteries in it put it on the ground Drove it threw my house out the front door and gave it a little throttle then everything stopped and when I gave it throttle again Just a loud humming sound maybe the pinion came loose ? What do you think ? Lol seems I can’t catch a break

Sounds like a loose pinion or mabye the motor mount screws werent tight enough and the pinion in no longer meshed with the spur.

The old motor likely has a failed bearing. If the rotor hasnt done any damage to the stator, you might be able to resurrect it with a clean and some new bearings.

Sounds like a loose pinion or mabye the motor mount screws werent tight enough and the pinion in no longer meshed with the spur.

The old motor likely has a failed bearing. If the rotor hasnt done any damage to the stator, you might be able to resurrect it with a clean and some new bearings.

He told me there was damage.. didn’t hesitate to give it back so I’m sure it’s toast. I will check later and post pics thanks man

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back