Outcast OUTCAST 4S- Horizon Hobby AMAZING customer service

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atom #28

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
I have owned my Outcast 4s for about a month. In that time, I was able to drive it a total of about 20 minutes. Then an A-arm broke after a rather lame crash into a ditch. I called Horizon and was on the phone with a live person in a few minutes. They took my info, I sent them a video of the lame crash, and new A-Arms (which are on back order for another month....) are on order for me.

That part was pretty standard.

While my Outcast has been sitting, though, all 4 shocks decided to dump their oil everywhere. So I called Horizon again, 5 minutes on the phone with a live representative, and a full set of replacement shocks are in the mail!!

So, although the quality/durability of my Outcast 4s is questionable, the customer service at Horizon has been A+ excellent so far.

Yeah, Their customer service can be good depending on the issue. But the 3s and 4s line shocks are not.
Very good on customer service. I wonder why though it's cheaper to replace than make it best from the start? The shocks are pretty bunk on the 3s and 4s line but maybe for the most part folks don't blast em like we do here in the forum? I replaced my BRCC shocks with some aluminum ebay specials and they've held up very well. A little stiff on the springs but that can be fixed....at least no more leaking. Maybe the regular, every day end user doesn't notice the leak or doesn't care. Either way, I can't come up with a real complaint otherwise and if I have to upgrade shocks alone on these trucks, I have no issue whatsoever. I'd probably do this anyway on a rtr 1:10. My BRCC shocks lasted a long time and lots of air before I noticed the leak....and then cheap fix. Didn't contact HH but kinda wish I had just to have spares.
Good idea to keep a gopro on the head all the time. Video and photos get the replacements every time.

With all the shocks they must have warranted on the 3s line, you'd think they would have better ones on the 4s rather than making larger leakers. Can't stand leaky shocks and all the mess involved. Like having a valve cover leak putting oil in your driveway.

I wonder how Horizon is with email customer service. I'm in Japan. I broke an a-arm on a small jump ten minutes into my first run. Ordered new A Arms. Not expecting warranty replacement.

But... The rear differential yoke melted around one bearing (which subsequently lost its cover) and the differential case outer gear and input gear were worn. I ordered replacements but wonder if Horizon would cover those under warranty.

I wonder how Horizon is with email customer service. I'm in Japan. I broke an a-arm on a small jump ten minutes into my first run. Ordered new A Arms. Not expecting warranty replacement.

But... The rear differential yoke melted around one bearing (which subsequently lost its cover) and the differential case outer gear and input gear were worn. I ordered replacements but wonder if Horizon would cover those under warranty.
Someone just posted pics of their 4s Outcast with melted diff and said Horizon was sending new diff under warranty.

Someone just posted pics of their 4s Outcast with melted diff and said Horizon was sending new diff under warranty.

I'll need
I'll have to find that post. Hoping that Horizon's customer service extends to email and overseas customers.

I'm the one that has melted 2 factory rear diff yokes in a month. Arrma is sending me an entire new truck after shipping mine back to them. They sent a shipping label and all, great customer service and hoping it doesn't happen again.

I'm the one that has melted 2 factory rear diff yokes in a month. Arrma is sending me an entire new truck after shipping mine back to them. They sent a shipping label and all, great customer service and hoping it doesn't happen again.
Wow. That's amazing. I'm still waiting for a reply to my email to customer service...

I'm still waiting for my replacement parts. But I've decided to return it and go for a 6s.
Can you return a used R/C?
Can you return a used R/C?
If I had known that the V3 Outcast 6s would drop to under $400 I think I'd have gone that route. Parts are well set. I still like the 1/10 Outcast size. It's just the quick wear and waiting on parts availability that bring me down.

Well if I have to pay extra to return it, I have no issue with it. But since it broke within 2 weeks due to a manufacturing issue I'm entitled to return it, even if used.

But I'll wait and see what they will say. I'm not sure if I go v3 or v4 kraton 6s. I already bought a flysky fs-gt5 to replace the 4s controller but is now going to be used for the 6s

Well if I have to pay extra to return it, I have no issue with it. But since it broke within 2 weeks due to a manufacturing issue I'm entitled to return it, even if used.

But I'll wait and see what they will say. I'm not sure if I go v3 or v4 kraton 6s. I already bought a flysky fs-gt5 to replace the 4s controller but is now going to be used for the 6s
I'm almost wishing that I'd not jumped on the Outcast 4s so quickly. I got free shipping to Japan which meant I paid what you would rather than $70 more. Had I waited just a few days longer I'd have seen the nice price drops on the V3. Stronger RC, great parts support and the fact that I don't launch them like Rich Duperbash and RCdude81 make it a better choice... in hindsight.

I still like/love my Outcast 4s. Just wish the parts support that was more or less promised in the AussieRCplayground interviews actually came to fruition.

Yeah me too, kinda wished I bought the 6s right away. I too love the 4s but only due this issue (molten yoke) and the lack of spare parts I will go to the 6s and run it on 4s for the time being.

I'm a new rc enthousiast and thought the 4s would be a perfect step for me to start this fun hobby.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back